If you could…

Tell the world one thing about you religion (or lack of) that you wish they would understand - why you love it so much, clear up a misconception, etc. - what would it be?

Nsbgirl

Asked by Nsbgirl at 11:46 AM on Sep. 9, 2010 in Religion & Beliefs

• No one religion is right for everyone. Take what you like from mine and leave the rest for me; find what is right for you!
    science_spot

Answer by science_spot at 11:47 AM on Sep. 9, 2010

• not my religion but my belief
    that people should not be the judge if others are going to hell
    i leave this up to God and judgement day
    I can NOT stand it when people say that others are damned to hell because they do not believe in this or that
    fiatpax

Answer by fiatpax at 11:51 AM on Sep. 9, 2010

• I would like to clear up the misconception that Hinduism is a polytheistic religion. We actually believe in one god. The many gods that people think we believe in seperately, are all actually just aspects of the single supreme being.
    samurai_chica

Answer by samurai_chica at 11:52 AM on Sep. 9, 2010

• Being an atheist does not make someone amoral. I do my best to be kind and do right by people!
    SabrinaBean

Answer by SabrinaBean at 11:52 AM on Sep. 9, 2010

• Not all christians are judgemental.
    okmommy08

Answer by okmommy08 at 11:55 AM on Sep. 9, 2010

• I'd like to make everyone understand that not all Christians are fanatics or intolerant or lunatics.
    ceallaigh

Answer by ceallaigh at 11:56 AM on Sep. 9, 2010

• That to me being a Christian is about spreading love not hate.
    1lv2stks3nlz4ev

Answer by 1lv2stks3nlz4ev at 11:57 AM on Sep. 9, 2010

• Being Pagan doesn't mean being Anti-Christian, Anti-Religion or Anti-Anything - it's about following my heart and finding a connection to the world as a whole rather following any religious dogma or rules...

Answer by SabrinaMBowen at 12:43 PM on Sep. 9, 2010

• Jihad does not mean holy war. It is Arabic for "self struggle within ones self." Holy War in Arabic is "Harb u Muqadash". Muslims aer not on a quest to "conquer" the world or force people to become Muslims. There is a verse in the Qur'an that says no complusion in religion. Three definitions of jihad:
    1. Intellectual Jihad, which compromises of the struggle to convey the message of God to humankind and to combat social evils through knowledge, wisdom and dignified discourse. As the Glorious Qur'an says: "Who is better in speech than one who calls (men) to Allah, works righteousness, and says, "I am of those who bow in Islam?" (Qur'an 41:33).
    2. Economic Jihad, which compromises of economic measures, and spending from one's means to improve the living conditions of the poor and downtrodden.
    3. Physical Jihad, which involves collective armed self-defense, as well as retribution against tyranny, exploitation, and oppression
    wife2ali

Answer by wife2ali at 1:05 PM on Sep. 9, 2010

• Jesus IS God
    Gal51

Answer by Gal51 at 2:54 PM on Sep. 9, 2010