Basic training

I have been to a BMT,( Basic Military Training) graduation for 2 of my kids. I thought that this was something that every family member, or b/f, g/f should see. I will never forget the excitement of seeing my 2 kids for the first time in 8 weeks and to see their faces when i approached them . How many of you have had this kind of experience and what do you remember.?

Airforce3mom

Asked by Airforce3mom at 12:09 PM on Sep. 9, 2010 in Just for Fun

• I was at my husbands BMT graduation. It really was a great experience. I ordered the DVD and when I got it I told my sister, you have to watch this its amazing! but it wasn't that exciting on tv, lol!! She went to her husband's graduation a few months later and said she knew what I meant now. It's one of those things you have to be there to appreciate the feeling you get while watching your loved one become a member of the military.

Nsbgirl

Answer by Nsbgirl at 12:19 PM on Sep. 9, 2010

• I graduated bmt and have also went to see my brother graduate bmt. Its a really exciting thing and I was so sad for those of my classmates who had nobody show up for them. I remember going in 162 pounds and finding out I fit into a size 8 and lost 25 pounds! :) I remember how when I hugged my husband the first time he was actually shaking he was so happy and proud.
    okmommy08

Answer by okmommy08 at 12:15 PM on Sep. 9, 2010

• When I graduated boot camp, it was one of my proudest moments to walk with my company during pass in review. We all worked so hard for that moment.
    Izsarejman

Answer by Izsarejman at 12:18 PM on Sep. 9, 2010

• This was back in 1991, but I remember. My oldest son was excited to see his mama and siblings there, and he took us on a tour of the place. He was only going for Army reserves, so after his AIT, he would be at home, doing the weekend thing in our home town, and his two weeks wherever they sent him.

I hated to leave him after basic graduation when it was time, because he was so despondent. But he had to stay for the AIT. He was at Lawton, OK, we in the south central Missouri, so it was like a 9 hour drive.

When he got out, he moved to Tulsa and went through flight school,. He is now a leer jet pilot for Delta Airlines! So proud of him. Flying was a dream come true, as when he was 12, he did a Science Fair project about how planes stay up, and at 13 he joined the Civil Air Patrol. Not everyone can live their dream job...it's not a job when you love it!

Jan
    momofemmett

Answer by momofemmett at 12:23 PM on Sep. 9, 2010

• I have gone to two BMT graduations- my husband's and my husband's best friends. I even wrote a short story about going to my husband's graduation and it won 1st place in a contest at my college.

JeremysMom

Answer by JeremysMom at 12:23 PM on Sep. 9, 2010

• All of you have said some great things. yes it is something that you just don't want to miss. I do as well have the DVD of the whole experience.. When i saw my daughter in hers.. i got so excitred and cried just seeing her do her thing. I still cry when i see it. Her dad is a Ret AF and he was not able to be there, but he saw the pics i sent to him and he said in those days, they were not required to do, like the Airmans Run, the Coin Ceremony and the Big Graduation.. His loss but my victory..
    Airforce3mom

Comment by Airforce3mom (original poster) at 12:41 PM on Sep. 9, 2010

• That was a great accompolishment okmommy.. Great job
    Airforce3mom

Comment by Airforce3mom (original poster) at 12:42 PM on Sep. 9, 2010