colon cancer or not really? adult content

I have been have issues with bowel movements all summer, either diarreha or really constipated, now my i have had bleeding when I was wiping, my father died of colon cancer in his 30's, I am 31, I AM FREAKIN OUT! I had a colonoscopy 5 years ago or so and everything was clear----

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 12:10 PM on Sep. 9, 2010 in Health

• I'm with you. My mom died when she was 37 of colon cancer so I freak out too over a drop of blood or a cramp in my belly. Since you have such a strong history of colon cancer, it's best to get seen just in case. You may not have to have a full blown colonoscopy, but it's best just to get that checked out.
    Izsarejman

Answer by Izsarejman at 12:15 PM on Sep. 9, 2010

• Oh, and if it has been longer than 5 years, you need another one. Guidelines for people with our family history is every five years. I hope everything is okay.
    Izsarejman

Answer by Izsarejman at 12:16 PM on Sep. 9, 2010

• if everything was clear 5 years ago you do not have colon cancer. it takes years for polyps and from there it takes 10-15 years for those polyps to become cancer. and with colon cancer you have no symptoms.
    aliishott2

Answer by aliishott2 at 12:17 PM on Sep. 9, 2010

• for polyps to form*
    aliishott2

Answer by aliishott2 at 12:18 PM on Sep. 9, 2010

• You need to get to the doctor. Especially with your family history. Colon cancer is in my family too. My mom found out she had it at 50 and it had been growing for at least 15 years. I went in at 31 and had a polyp.
    It could be nothing more than hemorrhoids, but it could be really bad too. You won't know until you you go in to the doctor. Usually the worry is worse than the reality of it.
    Good luck and get to the doc.
    SleepingBeautee

Answer by SleepingBeautee at 12:18 PM on Sep. 9, 2010

• I lost my bf to colon cancer at 31 now I havve to have her childne screend for it three out of five have jr. pallos that can lead to colon or gi track cancer. I am raising them as my own since she had for me. long story short she did something wonderful for me. and the same three have a rare disorder number 10 chosomne deletion. sorry there #10 gene is gone. so pleae go get checked and let me know I care.
    butterflysmom

Answer by butterflysmom at 12:20 PM on Sep. 9, 2010

• PLEASE get checked out. My daughter had to have her whole colon removed due to rectal bleeding. They did remove it and did a surgery to build a rectal pouch. She was only 16. But this is nothing to mess with. Get to your GI Doctor. Please.
    Nannykaffy

Answer by Nannykaffy at 12:34 PM on Sep. 9, 2010

• I Have Colon problems too.After your first Colonoscopy,you need to have one every five years.My last one, they took out 5 polyps.All but 1 was normal.If I were you,I'd get ahold of your Gastreologist and make an apointment for another Colonoscopy.Especially if there is a family history of Colon cancer.Good luck to you sweetie.And please don't put it off.
    bvannkissy

Answer by bvannkissy at 1:05 PM on Sep. 9, 2010

• I just saw something on Dr. Oz re: getting colonoscopy done. Go to your Dr. asap and get another done. I have history of this in my family & have to go at 40. It scares me a great deal. Don't wait & good luck.
    sarasmommy777

Answer by sarasmommy777 at 4:37 PM on Sep. 9, 2010