QUESTION for those who own or have owned double strollers: please answer

i am looking for a good double stroller that can fit easily into a 4 door sedan's trunk. i will have a newborn and a 12 month old. what is your favorite, what is your least favorite. what ones do you NOT recommend.

***PLEASE ANSWER NOT JUST VIEW THANK YOU***

joshismyangel

Asked by joshismyangel at 12:19 AM on Oct. 15, 2008 in Babies (0-12 months)

• Well I had twins and the stroller I hated was the side by side umbrella stroller. That thing was terrible for shopping and it is to wide to fit through a door. The one that worked best for me was the the evenflo double stroller. I drove a little car and it fit in the trunk of it. Hope this helps.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 12:49 AM on Oct. 15, 2008

• I am in the same situation...my DD will be 18-ish months when baby 2 arrives. I have decided that I want a Sit-N-Stand. I have talked to people that have them and have heard nothing bad about them. They give the older child the option of sitting, standing or walking with mom/dad. I'm super excited and can't wait until the baby is here so I can actually test it...lol. Also, I have heard horrible things about double jogging strollers. Apparently, they are hard to maneuver in tight spaces.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 12:55 AM on Oct. 15, 2008

• IM GETTING THE SIT N STAND DELUXE IT HAS TWO SEATS LIKE NORMAL DOUBLE STROLLERS BUT THE BACK SEAT COMES OFF AND HAS A BENCH SEAT SO THEY CAN SIT OR STAND THERE . I CANT WAIT !
    BamsMomma05

Answer by BamsMomma05 at 2:08 AM on Oct. 15, 2008

• GRACO!!! they're in expensive and they work good. i have a saturn SL 2 4 dr..tiny ass trunk..but it fits in there!! i never heard of the sit and stand..but at your babys age, he/she will be too young for that right now. i think mine was called a sit n stroll..i love it..huge storage on the bottom, and you can put the infant seat in the front or back. and the back seat lays down so baby can sleep. i swear by it. also, it's easy to put up and take down
    tnteaton

Answer by tnteaton at 3:48 AM on Oct. 15, 2008

• I have a BabyTrend sit n stand deluxe. The rear seat removes so the older child can stand or sit. I absolutely love it. My oldest was only 12 1/2 months old when I had baby 2. It's been a great stroller. I have a ford focus and it fits in the trunk easily. You can go to strollerdepot.com to find this particular stroller. I believe Target has them but only one color. Good Luck and Congrats!
    frapanda

Answer by frapanda at 11:45 AM on Oct. 15, 2008

• I have the graco duel rider... i have a 2.5 year old and a 10 month old and its great!!!!! i switch them around front and back and they love it!! Id def go with a front and back stroller NOT a side by side... they are to wide to fit through small spaces ... the front and back ones are a lil easier to manover i think!!!
    wvuchick430

Answer by wvuchick430 at 2:48 PM on Oct. 15, 2008

• i have a graco dual glide the best stroller for two kids its $230 u can get it from sears,, the seats are infront of each other and has a VERY BIG STORAGE area for more stuff... its is also foldes very good it can fit in a neon truck... this is the link for the stroller if u are intrested that is the eaxact same one i have and i love it and the bonus with graco if u have any problomes with the stoller or a part they send u a new part or fix it for free for a wwhole year no qestions asked!!!!! http://www.sears.ca/gp/product/B000OPD56W/sr=1-1/qid=1224324260/ref=sr_1_1/104-6033298-0755149?ie=UTF8&searsBrand=core&mqnodeid=APS
    Loveinmom

Answer by Loveinmom at 6:05 AM on Oct. 18, 2008