I got pregnant on the pill. Anyone know what BC will work best for after the birth? Any experience?

I was thinking that it was the hormonal part of the pill that didn't work so I would have to go with something like an IUD? Thanks Gals!

Sarahlayne23

Asked by Sarahlayne23 at 12:27 AM on Jul. 1, 2008 in Pregnancy

• I got prenant on the pill too. I had a horrible experience with Depo (just the crappy weight gain side effect and mood swings) so after my son was born I asked for the IUD. I ended up getting the copper one and NOT the one with hormones. It has been great since I haven't gotten prego again. I guess thats the point of it right? And I haven't had adverse effects. I would recommend it to anyone as long as they discuss it with their doctor to make sure its the right fit for their lifestyle. Good luck with the BC!
    adeuslove07

Answer by adeuslove07 at 12:53 AM on Jul. 1, 2008

• hmm idk i dont do bc i think its to unhealthy for my body i just use condoms and they worked for us soo sorry that i cant help good luck
    Patience1

Answer by Patience1 at 12:29 AM on Jul. 1, 2008

• BC doesn't work in allot women who don't eat right, are stressed AND who have been on a course of antibiotics. Talk to your OBGYN and have them help you decide what is good or bad for you.
    vbruno

Answer by vbruno at 12:34 AM on Jul. 1, 2008

• Yeah I have a Drs apt Thursday. Just wondering if anyone had any experience with the same issue.
    Sarahlayne23

Answer by Sarahlayne23 at 12:49 AM on Jul. 1, 2008

• I would use natural family planning and foam. I LOVE the foam stuff it is cheap at Walgreen's. It worked great for me B4 my hubbie got a vasectomy. I also got pregnant on the pill and I was soooo paranoid that I would get pregnant again that the Natural family planning just to be able to say ok I should have ovulated on this day and we did or didn't have sex so there is/ isn't any chance of conceiving this month.
    PennyMom

Answer by PennyMom at 12:53 AM on Jul. 1, 2008

• I USED MIRENA ITS AN IUD THAT IS PUT IN YOUR CERVIX AN STAYS THERE FOR 5 YRS I HAVE HAD IT FOR ALMOST A YR AN DONT USED CONDOMS AN NO MORE BABIES YET ITS 99% EFFECTIVE AS OPPOSED TO HE PILL SHOT AN PATCH WHICH ARE ONLY 97% OR LESS EFFECTIVE I DEFFINATELY RECCOMEND THAT!!
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 1:00 AM on Jul. 1, 2008

• it depends on alot, i've personaly been on every form that there is. were you taking your pill every day at the same time, the way that you were soppost to, if not and you have a hard time with remembering try to nurva ring or depo shot. the shot you get every 3 months, but it puts weight on you. and the nurva ring you insert into your vagina, keep it there for a month and then put a new one in, you wont feal it, maybe the first couple of hours, but then it softens up. goood luck
    jacobes_mommie

Answer by jacobes_mommie at 6:34 AM on Jul. 1, 2008

• i used the nuva ring, never felt it once. dh said he could sometimes but it didn't bother him. it gave me migraines though. so i switched to the pill and ended up bleeding for 6 weeks solid. now we don't use anything since my dh got the snip snip done :)
    3lilgems

Answer by 3lilgems at 11:00 AM on Jul. 1, 2008