Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

medical transcription/billing

I would like to start doing medical transcription or billing from home. I wonder if anyone can help me out or point me in the right direction so I can get started. I did a medical admin course and am qualified for this job. If anyone can offer some suggestions I'd really appreciate it.


Asked by AmandaH321 at 12:31 AM on Oct. 15, 2008 in Money & Work

Level 20 (8,472 Credits)
This question is closed.
Answers (3)
  • You need certification for medical transcription, but if you have experince you can do general transcription. A goog list of companies offering transcription job from home is listed on

    Answer by Vickykool at 3:43 AM on Oct. 15, 2008

  • You've already taken the courses? Usually the school should help you in that direction but...there's Temp agencies, look in your local newspaper. They are always looking for Medical Transciptionists. Also apply at the local medical clinics and hospitals. Talk to an administrative about a possible job openning. If you're looking to take classes here's a good online school.

    Good luck!

    Answer by Imogine at 12:44 AM on Oct. 15, 2008

  • Thanks I should probably tell you that I'm in Canada. I do have certification. The school I went to dosen't offer help for working at home. Temp agencies are looking for people to work in offices. Thanks for the advice I'll check out those sites to see if they can lead me to any leads in canada.

    Answer by AmandaH321 at 12:20 PM on Oct. 15, 2008

Next question in Money & Work
I an idea for an invention.

Next question overall (Health)