Weddings

what is the age to where the parents shold not have to pay for their kids weddings. I have 3 kids, married already that i was not able to get to. ( kinda the spur of the moment due to military) then i have 2 others that are over 19. I still like the idea of helping with a wedding even if it is for my son. For my daughter, I would like to help. My DH feels that when a child is over 21 then they pay it all themselves. I don't agree. What are your thoughts?

Airforce3mom

Asked by Airforce3mom at 12:28 PM on Sep. 9, 2010 in General Parenting

• I think the parents should help pay for a wedding if thye choose to at any age. Im 30 and my parents are paying for my wedding because Im their daughter. I have been very reasonable and not blown money. My mom woulda blown alot more but I keep telling her how unneccessary it is. I think you should have a set amount you will spend or tell tehm you will pay so much for catering and so much for a dress so they can plan accordingly. I dont think age has anything to do with it.
    ria7

Answer by ria7 at 12:32 PM on Sep. 9, 2010

• I agree with you..it's your kids why not help a little? And if you go by his way, you are encouraging early marriage.
    BradenIsMySon

Answer by BradenIsMySon at 12:30 PM on Sep. 9, 2010

• I don't think there's a particular cut off limit. I think it's whatever works for you, if you have the money and want to help I think you should nomatter what their age.
    skittles1108

Answer by skittles1108 at 12:31 PM on Sep. 9, 2010

• Yeah I have to agree with the other posters if you can great. I would think most parents would hope their kids would be older than 21 when they got married.
    treynlisa

Answer by treynlisa at 12:33 PM on Sep. 9, 2010

• I was 20 when I got married. My whole family played a BIG BIG part in everything. My Mom, Aunt, and Grandparents paid for EVERYTHING. Which was a nice thing to do, when they didn't even have to help! I'll help my children out with their weddings. I think thats what family does :D

DH's Mom didn't help out at all! She didn't even come to our practice run or anything ugh! I don't even think she was happy about the wedding!
    firethearson

Answer by firethearson at 12:34 PM on Sep. 9, 2010

• I think for 1st wedding at any age the parents should help.
    2and2onway

Answer by 2and2onway at 1:04 PM on Sep. 9, 2010