baby clothes

how long did it take u to give them away ?

my dear son is 12 months old and i still have every single one of his since he was born but my parents think that i should just give them away but i tell them that i am emotionally attach to them but my parents think thats stupid .

wuts ur case ?

also , i want to save them for when either me or my sister become pregnant and have a baby boy ! ( my sister is eager to be pregnant soon : ) ) and i know that the chances of conceivinga boy arent 100% , i think hold my hopes that they will be used again by one of ur bundles :) i would like to have 2 more babies :) and i plan to buy a baby quilt made of my son's clothes :)

wuts ur case ?

happymom1988

Asked by happymom1988 at 12:31 PM on Sep. 9, 2010 in General Parenting

• I think we have every pair of baby clothes and only gave away once he was like 5 those size clothes.
    BradenIsMySon

Answer by BradenIsMySon at 12:33 PM on Sep. 9, 2010

• I would go through things and keep the best. If its stained or too worn...give it to Goodwill.

I take the things and group them together by size and put them in large Tupperware boxes. At least until you are sure you dont need them anymore. Or your sis :)
    mom2twobabes

Answer by mom2twobabes at 12:34 PM on Sep. 9, 2010

• I am so attached to clothes that it is kind of insane I think! I kept everything from my first, since I got pregnant again right away. After the second (they were both boys) I threw away the stained stuff and pretty much packed everything away. It got to be taking up too much room so I went through them again. I was surprised at after a few months in storage how many stains popped out on them that were not really visible before so that made it easy to get rid of them. My third was a girl. I am now pretty good at not keeping everything but still a good bit. My sil is pregnant with a girl and she didn't get any newborn or 0 to 3 month clothes. I gave her everything I kept, telling myself over and over that it is okay, it is just clothes, but I won't lie, I almost cried! lol My little girl just turned a year so I think that is why it was hard but better them being used I guess than in storage.
    JamieLK

Answer by JamieLK at 12:43 PM on Sep. 9, 2010

• I had no attachment except the clothes they came home in. I gave away or sold as soon as they outgrew them.
    2and2onway

Answer by 2and2onway at 1:03 PM on Sep. 9, 2010

• I still have every single one of my sons outfits since hes been born too. If you dont want to give them away. Why dont you just take out all the ones you like the most r ahve the most significant memorys thats what i plan to do i just havent gotten around to it yet.
    K3lly94

Answer by K3lly94 at 1:10 PM on Sep. 9, 2010

• they are sorted out by size and put in different bags , but im just wayyy too emotionally attach to them !

they all are stain free so is a good thing i guess lol but just the thought of not having them anymore , even if its in the closet just rips my heart off !

im lucky to know that im not the only one though ! lol

happymom1988

Comment by happymom1988 (original poster) at 1:29 PM on Sep. 9, 2010