Feeling lonely...

So I'm in the early stages of going through a divorce. In the process of finding myself again after 11 years of marriage and feeling VERY happy but lonely. I don't miss my husband at all and the divorce is a long time coming, so it's not HIM that I'm missing...I'm just missing being with someone...that closeness.

Can't wait until this divorce is final and I can start dating...looking forward to my future and what it holds!!

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 12:33 PM on Sep. 9, 2010 in Relationships

• Do you have any girlfriends that you can spend some time with? I would not have known what to do without my girlfriends when i was going through my divorce. They kept me smiling.
    samurai_chica

Answer by samurai_chica at 12:35 PM on Sep. 9, 2010

• I went thru that. I finally got happy being alone. I found stuff I liked to do and it was alot of fun. I am now going thru the opposite. I have met someone and Im marrying again after 5 years on my own. It is hard to get used to sharing everything and him always being there. Just keep getting out there and discovering yourself! Divorce is a long hanging process that goes well after the papers are signed.
    ria7

Answer by ria7 at 12:36 PM on Sep. 9, 2010

• Please dont jump into anything right away because you are lonley. Enjoy time with yourself friends and family.
    okmommy08

Answer by okmommy08 at 12:37 PM on Sep. 9, 2010

• JUst take you time and get used to the taking care of you first before thinking about taking care of someone else right away. Thhisis the time to find yourself. Enjoy the alone time, enjoy the time with your friends..
    Airforce3mom

Answer by Airforce3mom at 12:49 PM on Sep. 9, 2010

• i feel lonely too
    and he and i are still in same house
    seeing therapist BUT
    he does not even kiss me in am or goodnight
    i think i could be invisible

i dream of some day having a man in my life
    fiatpax

Answer by fiatpax at 12:51 PM on Sep. 9, 2010

• I was more lonely IN marriage so divorce was my best friend. I have no desire to ever remarry which leaves me free to see anyone I want and make friends of all kinds along my life's journey. Just get out there and see what life has to offer. You can meet them now and date them in the future if you want but build your foundation of friends and confidence now.

Answer by admckenzie at 12:54 PM on Sep. 9, 2010

• i know how you feel, i've been divorced now a little over two years and i'm very lonely for some intimacy and companionship. dating is hard after being married for so long. you have the first impressions and what do you talk about stuff. its so hard. but i do miss being with someone, and like you i know i don't want my ex anymore.
    lucky35

Answer by lucky35 at 2:01 PM on Sep. 9, 2010

• Fill up your time with friends, working out, walks, this time is all about you. Go back to school. Just remember that you are the best you that you can be.
    Nannykaffy

Answer by Nannykaffy at 4:21 PM on Sep. 9, 2010

• I also agree for you to take some time for yourself before getting back into dating again .. have some fun go out with your girlfriends .. find out what kind of guy you want to have in your life .. Good luck .
    MrsTT

Answer by MrsTT at 9:49 AM on Sep. 10, 2010