My DD always takes her shoes off

Whenever I have her in the car she manages to take of her shoes, and if she's wearing socks she'll take those off as well. I don't know why she does this but I'm wondering if there's a way to get her to stop? Does anyone elses' LO do this?

KrazyKutie

Asked by KrazyKutie at 12:36 PM on Sep. 9, 2010 in Toddlers (1-2)

• My son used to do this and now my daughter has been doing it. No matter what kind of shoes and no matter how I tied them, they both went through this phase. My son outgrew it and I am sure both our daughter's will too. I know it stinks but hang in there. It will go away.
    Peajewel

Answer by Peajewel at 4:11 PM on Sep. 9, 2010

• Have you tried giving her something else to hold or do to keep her mind off of her shoes?
    mom2twobabes

Answer by mom2twobabes at 12:37 PM on Sep. 9, 2010

• Yeah I have. She'll throw it or put it aside while she takes off her shoes
    KrazyKutie

Comment by KrazyKutie (original poster) at 12:39 PM on Sep. 9, 2010

• I think they do this because they can, lol, they are exploring and learning in the process. She thinks she is a big girl because she can do this and she thinks it's funny it annoys you. Next time she does it do not pay it any attention, she will see she is no longer getting a reaction and it will get boring
    wheresthewayout

Answer by wheresthewayout at 1:06 PM on Sep. 9, 2010

• DD take them off when she feels like it. I do too and I'm an adult. So it's not a problem for us, just a comfort thing or preference. You don't NEED shoes.
    jus1jess

Answer by jus1jess at 1:34 PM on Sep. 9, 2010

• Are they velcro? I know my kids always took theirs off if they could. When I got them shoes that fit with laces, they couldn't take them off!

Answer by missanc at 3:11 PM on Sep. 9, 2010