what can happen if my placenta is detaching from my uterus i am 5 1/2 mnths preg?

antoniajf

Asked by antoniajf at 12:37 PM on Sep. 9, 2010 in Pregnancy

• Has the dr said its detaching or looks like its in a bad position if it detaches unless you have an emergency csecton that's the babys oxygen so it would die wo it you would probably experience bleeding and pain or have some kind of sign its has happened
    Kre10

Answer by Kre10 at 12:41 PM on Sep. 9, 2010

• if doc has told you this is happening sure doc told you something about bed rest or taking it easy no lifting, bending etc maybe nothing in vagina

this can be very serious as i am sure you know already

fiatpax

Answer by fiatpax at 12:42 PM on Sep. 9, 2010

• My placenta tore away from the uterine wall at 6 months along; I was admitted into the hospital for observation and was told I'd have to be on bedrest for the remainder of my pregnancy. However, I was contracting and they were unable to stop them and 24 hours after being admitted to the hospital, I had to have an emergency C-section. Please take your doctor's recommendations seriously. Good luck.
    FootballMom85

Answer by FootballMom85 at 12:56 PM on Sep. 9, 2010