Have any of you made a Terrarium?

this is for indoors I read a great article on it but am now lookign of what great outdoor shrubs, plants and mosses that are local i could bring inside

BeatriceSW

Asked by BeatriceSW at 12:44 PM on Sep. 9, 2010 in Hobbies & Crafts

• Not since elementary school
    dragonlady320

Answer by dragonlady320 at 1:19 PM on Sep. 9, 2010

• Yes, I made a small one in a jar and just brought in moss from the back yard. It was really easy and I was inspired after finding them on etsy for $35. I purchased the jar at the thrift store for 50 cents, harvested the moss myself, used leftover potting soil and bought some natural pebbles at dollar tree. I also added a large horn shell for interest. It is still in my kitchen window and I water it a few times a year.
    scout_mom

Answer by scout_mom at 1:49 PM on Sep. 9, 2010

• No I haven't but would like to. Moss from outside is a good idea. You could also plant little trees from seeds you find out there (like maples). Cutting from houoseplants would work, too.
    science_spot

Answer by science_spot at 1:54 PM on Sep. 9, 2010

• SOunds like fun. I made some of those in Girl Scouts.
    I'd think that any small outdoor plant would work great.
    Roadfamily6now

Answer by Roadfamily6now at 3:25 PM on Sep. 9, 2010

• thank you so much everybody what great ideas and a neat way for my girls to build their own little "garden" :)
    BeatriceSW

Comment by BeatriceSW (original poster) at 5:40 PM on Sep. 9, 2010

• Not since I was a teenager. I did some nice ones then. I also bought 2 large ones when they were out for my brother. They were Fun to do!!
    Angellinda

Answer by Angellinda at 9:49 PM on Sep. 9, 2010