mama? dada?

in my last question a few of you said that your 7-8 month olds are already saying a few words.
how did you help them with this?
i try to get my son saying mama or dada all the time.
he can say dada, but he olny does it when he is angry.
& he has no idea what he is saying.
i want him to say mama soooo bad!!!!!!!!!!
howwwwww?

.Kelly.

Asked by .Kelly. at 1:24 AM on Oct. 15, 2008 in Babies (0-12 months)

Level 1 (-15 Credits)
  • Just keep working with him on it. That's what I did with my little girl. She always said da da too. Finally at like 15 or 16 months old she said it. I was the happiest ma ma in the world. She said other words but its like she refused to say ma ma cause I wanted her to. LOL!
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 1:46 AM on Oct. 15, 2008

• I think dada is probably easier for them to say. Make a catchy tune using "mamamamamaaaaa" sounds and sing it to him. He'll probably love hearing you sing and try to mimic you. He'll say it soon enough. Lol after awhile you're going to tire of the constant "Mom...Mom.....MOM!!!" lol
    MarlyeGirl

Answer by MarlyeGirl at 1:55 AM on Oct. 15, 2008

• my son is 16 months, and JUST started saying mom. but he says "MOM!" over and over... lol. he doesn't say dada because daddy has been deployed since before jeremy really started talking, so he doesn't know it yet. but don't worry if your kiddo is a slow talker :) mine only says mom, uh oh, ewww, and bye bye
    llansky

Answer by llansky at 2:10 AM on Oct. 15, 2008

• my daughter never said dada, but thats cuz he wasnt in the picture!! she said mom and would say it like 5 times in a row..ya just gotta keep saying it to him..he'll catch on eventually!! and when he does, make sure ya have a tissue!! lol
    alexis_06

Answer by alexis_06 at 2:30 AM on Oct. 15, 2008

• My daughters both said dada first with them I would keep walking around talking to them and say mama and after awhile they said it back!
    ivalo85

Answer by ivalo85 at 8:05 AM on Oct. 15, 2008

• My daughter has been saying MAMA for the past 2 months. She is almost 5 months old. Everytime I hold her and play with her I say MAMA all the time. Oct 19th she will be 5 months old. She can say MAMA, MEME (grandma) Yes (well she says Yeah) and Hi.
    Just try working with your baby. Every baby develops at different speeds. Your baby will say it when he is ready
    Snootchies

Answer by Snootchies at 9:52 AM on Oct. 15, 2008