Trying to sit up? Or lift his head?

My son (2.5 mos.) now does this thing where when I prop him up on pillows he pulls his head forward like he's trying to sit up. He can already hold his head up pretty well but is he really trying to sit up or just hold his head? When he does it I pull him up to a sitting position and he smiles and giggles. Could this mean he's already starting to sit up on his own??

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 1:28 AM on Oct. 15, 2008 in Babies (0-12 months)

• Ooooh it sounds like it!!! It sounds like your baby is very advanced!!! My uncles baby is the same way. He's four months and doing the same things!!
    MarlyeGirl

Answer by MarlyeGirl at 1:52 AM on Oct. 15, 2008

• my daughter just turned 3 months and does great sitting just propped up on couch..doesn't even fall over and sits in the highchair now...she holds her head up fine and goes to sit up too! I think its normal for the age as well!
    blueeyes71883

Answer by blueeyes71883 at 1:34 PM on Oct. 15, 2008