Can one be a devoted Christian but still vote Democrat?

From what I've seen the last couple of weeks on CM, it seems that most of the moms voting for McCain are Christians. Well I am a devoted Christian but still don't believe that McCain is the best choice for this presidency. There is a saying that Liberal Christians follow God while Conservative Christians play God. I believe Obama is really for the people and will commit to living out his promises. I understand that Christians are not suppose to believe in abortions and are pro-life but if they are so pro-life then why do they support the war in Iraq? I don't understand how they can tell someone to spare the life of their baby but yet I ask them to possibly lose it to fight in some senseless war. Plus aren't we shedding the blood of innocent children, fathers, and mothers in the Middle East? So much for Pro-Life!!!

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 1:47 AM on Oct. 15, 2008 in Politics & Current Events

• Vote for whoever you want. My mom is a christian and has voted Democrat when she felt it was right. She said it just depends on the person not their label.
    TiffanyLove18

Answer by TiffanyLove18 at 1:50 AM on Oct. 15, 2008

• Yea, you can. You see, your salvation doesn't depend upon who you vote for, it depends on your relationship with Jesus Christ.
    SusieD250

Answer by SusieD250 at 1:52 AM on Oct. 15, 2008

• sure you can.. i love these bumper stickers.

Religious Bumper Sticker: Liberal Christians Follow God

Religious Bumper Sticker: Left Wing Christian

ny.chica

Answer by ny.chica at 1:55 AM on Oct. 15, 2008

• Thanks for the answers ladies. I was beginning to feel like I wasn't Christian enough.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 2:06 AM on Oct. 15, 2008

• Born again Christians that do not compromise and water down their faith to fit in will have a hard time voting for a Democrat. Abortion and gay marriage are clearly wrong anyone with a Bible can see that. Obamas stance that all faiths are a path to God is not Biblical or Christian. I feel we all have the right to worship how we want but the only way to God is through Jesus. I just don't see how a Christian can vote for a Democrat but many do they vote because it is popular not necessary because it is the right thing to do.

Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 2:27 AM on Oct. 15, 2008

• If your a real honest to god Christian, shouldn't you be politicking for God like the disciples did and he missionaries do, rather than politicking for a political party?

Lornamay

Answer by Lornamay at 3:40 AM on Oct. 15, 2008

• You know, in his day, Christ was a LIBERAL. He sat down with those who were considered undesirable in his society. He may have died for our sins, but the reason he was executed was because he was shaking up the status quo.

Answer by gdiamante at 5:12 AM on Oct. 15, 2008

• Vote as an american! we as americans have the right to whatever religon we choos. This also means that we should not hold a good person back from ANY status because of thier religion. There is nothing wrong with voting Democratic... you are NOT voting for religion when you vote for president!!!!
    jurobelle

Answer by jurobelle at 5:43 AM on Oct. 15, 2008

• There are more things to choose your canidate for president on than abortion and gay marriage. You need to choose the one that best fits what you think is right on the economy, foriegn policy, the war, ect. We have a seperation of church and state in this country that seems to be forgotten, and needs to be remembered.
    MarshaB702

Answer by MarshaB702 at 7:12 AM on Oct. 15, 2008

• Let the Holy Sprit be your guide not the political arena. I don't care what lable or name you put on it as a Christian it is your responsibility to do as Jesus would do.
    Would Jesus accept the slaughter of millions of innocent children created in the image of God??
    In the end your decision is between you and God... for now you help dictate what is and is not acceptable in our world. I myself would never vote for a person that "calls" themselves a Christian yet believes it is acceptable to end the life of a child for convinience sake... that childs blood will not be on my hands. I hope you seriously talk to God about this because in the end man will not be the judge.
    Campos4Christ

Answer by Campos4Christ at 7:59 AM on Oct. 15, 2008