Iraq: Should We Have Gone There Or Not?

Do you agree with the way the Iraqi's have been treated? And do you think that now that we are there we should stay until we win or leave?

MiiSSHiiSCAMP0S

Asked by MiiSSHiiSCAMP0S at 1:57 AM on Oct. 15, 2008 in Politics & Current Events

Level 1 (-3 Credits)
  • Hell no! We bombed the hell out of a once-beautiful city for 30 days and 30 nights--The "shock and awe campaign." We should have confined our military mission to capturing Osama Bin Laden and his cohorts, not invaded another country, bombed it to smithereens, and then said, Hey, You're going to need help building back your infastructure! Here, let us do it-Our Vice President gets a lot of money for the rebuliding..." Perhaps that had sopmeting to do with why we destroyed their infrastructure in the first place? We could have surgically removed Sadam Hussein...I've seen the worst of my country, now I'm ready to see it reclaim it's image of being a "good" place, with "good" people in the eyes of the world. We've lost so much respect globally.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 10:40 AM on Oct. 15, 2008

• I think we should have not gone there. I agree taht we should have definitely without a doubt gone to afganistan and not leave until we catch bin laden. Iraq nope but now that we are there we can't pick up and just leave without planning the exit. we do have to find a way to leave we can't stay there indefinite.
    ny.chica

Answer by ny.chica at 2:02 AM on Oct. 15, 2008

• NO. While I sympathize with the issues faced by the Iraqi people, it wasn't our job to go change the government of another sovereign country.
    It wasn't the same as persuing terrorists into Afghanastan.
    I agreed with that.

However, if we are declaring ourselves the world police, we need to enforce human rights in all countries, not just countries that are rich with natural resources. We don't go and save poor countries. Has anyone else noticed that?
    SusieD250

Answer by SusieD250 at 2:02 AM on Oct. 15, 2008

• i believe we shouldn't be in Iraq. AFGANISTAN YES!!! Bin Laden is no where near Iraq, he is within the Pakistan border, where our troops are not allowed.....

right, we shouldn't be the police for the whole world, we got enough problems over here as is.... i don't see them in a war trying to protect us....
    JuLiAnSmOmMy317

Answer by JuLiAnSmOmMy317 at 2:07 AM on Oct. 15, 2008

• it shouldnt be about winning or losing, i have friends that are over their now and have lost many friends in this war. i think if Iraq is capable of leading their own country we need to leave and let them handle their situation on their own. we can be over there forever and "baby sitting them" we need to teach them the things they need to know to take care of themselves and then get out
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 2:09 AM on Oct. 15, 2008

• anon 2:09 "we need to teach them the things they need to know to take care of themselves and then get out "

I totally agree with you. i'll take it one dtep further. we can be consultants to them and get pay for it. since they have such a large surplusthey can pay for our training services and we can use that money for pay increase for our military and to off set the cost of this war.
    ny.chica

Answer by ny.chica at 2:13 AM on Oct. 15, 2008

• *one step.. lol
    ny.chica

• hey thats a good idea ny.chica
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 2:34 AM on Oct. 15, 2008

• thank you. I really think we should. if you hire any consultant you have to pay a lot of money.
    ny.chica

Answer by ny.chica at 3:08 AM on Oct. 15, 2008

• Why does America always have to "win?" Why can't we just pull out and bring our soldiers home? Who really cares if anyone wins or loses? I just look at the sheer number of casualties and it makes me ill--did thousands of soldiers die just so America could keep her winning reputation? Sickening.
    IrishDruidMama

Answer by IrishDruidMama at 9:17 AM on Oct. 15, 2008