Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

2 Bumps

Do you suffer from low thyroid function?

I didn't know mine was low, until I went to the ER with chest pains. The ER doc checked my thyroid with 2 tests. He explained the test docs do is very inaccurate, the second tells the truth. My doctor refuses to do the second test (t-3-4?). Anyway, I started putting iodine tincture (your thyroid needs iodine) on my forearm (inside) and it is helping. What else can I do? I had to have 5-bypass, and the ER doc said a low thyroid can cause plaque buildup.


Asked by momofemmett at 1:04 PM on Sep. 9, 2010 in Health

Level 4 (30 Credits)
This question is closed.
Answers (3)
  • I also have a severe case of hypothyroidism. I would suggest seeing an endroconologist for your initial diagnosis. This is their specialty. When you are started on a medication, be sure not to switch. You will always need to be on meds, be sure to take them as directed. You may contact me if you need any more info on this at

    Answer by chargm at 1:29 AM on Sep. 10, 2010

  • I have hypothyroidism. I have been on thyroid suppliment and it brought my thyroid levels back to normal and made a growth I had on it go away. You should have your TSH levels checked. That's how they usually decide to put you on the meds.

    Answer by InHisBlood at 2:31 PM on Sep. 9, 2010

  • Thank you, InHisBlood. I'm thinking I need to find another doctor, because the one I have doesn't want to do anything about it. Problem is, there isn't another doctor that's any better here.

    Comment by momofemmett (original poster) at 4:42 PM on Sep. 9, 2010