Why do babies get nose bleeds??? My son has been waking up in the middle of the night with nose bleeds. e's only 18 months what do i ned to do to fix it?

Nose Bleeds

NoetheGoddess02

Asked by NoetheGoddess02 at 2:04 AM on Oct. 15, 2008 in Kids' Health

• Do you have dry heat? Maybe putting a humidifier in his room would help, or using a Q-tip to moisturize the inside of his nostrils with a tiny amount of Vaseline.

Lornamay

Answer by Lornamay at 2:07 AM on Oct. 15, 2008

• i wake up with a slightly bloody nose every morning. its either the air like the pp said, or allergies. most likely a humidifier will help resolve the issue :)
    llansky

Answer by llansky at 2:08 AM on Oct. 15, 2008

• talk with your dr.
    tnteaton

Answer by tnteaton at 3:03 AM on Oct. 15, 2008

• That sounds unusual to me. I would ask your dr. I have 5 kids & never had this problem. It could just be dry air but i would ask the dr. to be sure there isnt any other problem.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:51 AM on Oct. 15, 2008

• Dry air most likely.
    matthewscandi

Answer by matthewscandi at 9:35 PM on Oct. 15, 2008

• It could be dry air, but have you ever thought about your child being anemic?? My daughter is 16mths and I have to be careful with her when her nose bleeds that is a sign of a low blood count which means she has to be treated for being anemic!! So far we have been lucky. Don't freak out! If it concerns you take him to the doc and maybe mention this to them, but it could be a number of things.
    determind

Answer by determind at 1:58 PM on Oct. 28, 2008