ugh every time i eat! adult content

Every time I eat I get terrible diarrhea. It'll last for about two weeks and then I'll be ok for a few months or so...and it'll start up again. I know i know i should go to the doctor's but I just don't have a chance right now!

erinwhitt

Asked by erinwhitt at 1:21 PM on Sep. 9, 2010 in Health

• That's not normal. Yes, you should go to the doctor. Make time for your health.
    JazzlikeMraz

Answer by JazzlikeMraz at 1:22 PM on Sep. 9, 2010

• you really should go to doctor because you may have UC or crohn's and you may need a special diet. you could possibly be endangering your colon of having to be removed. my husband has UC and has to be very careful about what he eats and drinks. it can be completely debilitating. definitely get it checked out
    pmg1030

Answer by pmg1030 at 1:25 PM on Sep. 9, 2010

• I hope you can get to a doctor soon. What are you eating?
    noahsmommy12908

Answer by noahsmommy12908 at 1:27 PM on Sep. 9, 2010

• I normally eat a lot of fruit and veggies and some poultry. About three weeks ago I had a strange craving for red meat but I ate a hamburger and it went away lol. We don't eat a lot of meat or dairy beacuse it always makes me feel really heavy and bloated. In my house, most of our dinners consist of a big salad with some fruit and then some chicken or maybe a pork chop. I LOVE pork chops lol.
    erinwhitt

Comment by erinwhitt (original poster) at 1:30 PM on Sep. 9, 2010

• I would get checked and maybe have a colonscopy. I know not fun. I sometimes have the same problem and doctors can not figure out the problem. I use latalade milk and avoid dariy products. I am on a medicine called kapadex or called dexilant and on a low fat diet and that seems to help. Hope that helps a little.
    momindiana

Answer by momindiana at 1:37 PM on Sep. 9, 2010

• thanks, momindiana. when i go to the doctor's i'll mention that to him to see if maybe it could be a similar problem.
    erinwhitt

Comment by erinwhitt (original poster) at 1:44 PM on Sep. 9, 2010

• That is not normal hon! You need to see a doctor A.S.A.P. You need to probably have a Colonoscopy.I need to have one every 5 yrs.My last one they took out 5 polyps.4 out of 5 were normal.While you are waiting to see your Dr., what you can do is whenever you drink something,drink it slow.Like an ounce per hour.That will help with your diarrhea some.You can also get some Metamucial.I know that is for constipation,but it will only firm up your stool some.Please go to your doctor sweetheart.It's really important.
    bvannkissy

Answer by bvannkissy at 4:19 PM on Sep. 9, 2010

• Go to the Doctor ASAP.
    sarasmommy777

Answer by sarasmommy777 at 4:31 PM on Sep. 9, 2010

• could it be dairy or gluten, try cuting those out of your diet.
    QandA

Answer by QandA at 6:20 PM on Sep. 9, 2010

• There are numerous things that could be causing this. But the point is, you really need to go to the doctor. There is nothing good that comes from having that much diarrhea. You also risk having more complications from malnutrition from the diarrhea.

Nothing else is as important as your health. Make the appointment as soon as possible.
    clctalking

Answer by clctalking at 11:06 PM on Sep. 9, 2010