When it comes to disciplining your children, do you and DH agree?

Im the strict one and my DH is too nice. So I look the mean one. I cant stand it.

carina.g

Asked by carina.g at 1:24 PM on Sep. 9, 2010 in General Parenting

• We agree on the same punishment. We also let our girls know we are in agreement with it.
    Raeann11

Answer by Raeann11 at 1:29 PM on Sep. 9, 2010

• This is not always the case in our house - we seem to bicker about that although we DO back each other up when one of us is disciplining our son - but then again, he's not even 3 so I feel its only just begun
    maxsmom11807

Answer by maxsmom11807 at 1:31 PM on Sep. 9, 2010

• Never, He thinks spanking for everything is a good idea and sets children straight (he grew up in a non-spanking family). I on the other hand think time outs and talking to the child about what's wrong etc is the way to go. ( I grew up in an abusive home) We get in fights all the time in how to punish but now he's seeing my way is better and doesnt want to yell or spank our kids anymore so he's been working at that
    mommy_of_two388

Answer by mommy_of_two388 at 1:34 PM on Sep. 9, 2010

• This is not always the case in our house - we seem to bicker about that although we DO back each other up when one of us is disciplining our daughter some times.
    cat708

Answer by cat708 at 1:34 PM on Sep. 9, 2010

• Not always. but.......

We ALWAYS agree in front of the kids. We are a united front.... ALWAYS.

If we have a disagreement we take care of that out side the children's earshot........ if you dont I promise you will end up with parenting issues.

sahlady

Answer by sahlady at 1:36 PM on Sep. 9, 2010

• We always agree. We discussed this length before getting married and again before we started trying to have our son.
    Mom2Just1

Answer by Mom2Just1 at 2:18 PM on Sep. 9, 2010

• We agree on the punishments when its something of serious magnitude (like recently catching my son with a can of chew, or not coming home on time and not calling), but the little stuff we absolutely DO NOT agree. I'm much more lenient with things on the smaller scale like chores, where my husband is a control freak and expects it his way and on his time line. Its aggrevating and causes a lot of uncessary arguing between him and the children. I don't get involved and just let them work out it, I'm trying to be better about being a united front on the stupid stuff, but coming from an abusive home with a tyrant for a father its hard for me and I simply disagree and already see my children treating him the same way I treated my father. (Of which I have no relationship with any more)
    blessedwboysx3

Answer by blessedwboysx3 at 5:01 PM on Sep. 9, 2010