worried... adult content

I have a 4yo daughter who is autistic she is still in diapers but i have noticed lately and i don't know if it's because of anything she eats but she is getting these bumps all around her crotch area and near the poop area. Have any of you heard of this?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 1:26 PM on Sep. 9, 2010 in Kids' Health

• Sounds like a slight diaper rash or reaction to urine or feces. Try using a powder or diaper cream every now and then to keep the moisture away from the skin. Good luck.
    Kword

Answer by Kword at 1:31 PM on Sep. 9, 2010

• I agree with the above response. Probably diaper rash. Use ointment and powder. If it doesn't go away or gets worse, have her doctor take a look.
    erinwhitt

Answer by erinwhitt at 1:36 PM on Sep. 9, 2010

• My 3 year old has the same problem. We use hydrocortizone cream and it seems to help get rid of the irritation, but the bumps come back if you discontinue use.
    britnzoey

Answer by britnzoey at 2:01 PM on Sep. 9, 2010

• When my daughter had something like this her doctor said that it was a type of yeast infection. She had me put cream on her butt that people use for athlete's foot. It worked well and was gone by the second application. However, if I were you, I would ask her doctor to be sure. Call the office and talk to the nurse. They usually have one at my daughter's doctor's office that takes calls like that.
    Peajewel

Answer by Peajewel at 4:25 PM on Sep. 9, 2010

• sounds like a diaper rash. Have you tried diaper rash cream?
    Ashlynnsmommy07

Answer by Ashlynnsmommy07 at 12:36 AM on Sep. 10, 2010

• sounds like diaper rash with a yeast infection... red with little red bumps...
    see a dr, they can give you the proper cream, since diaper cream will not clear it up and it will come back again and again and again.
    asil

Answer by asil at 12:05 PM on Sep. 12, 2010

• gl
    mekarevell

Answer by mekarevell at 2:03 PM on Oct. 19, 2010