What did you do for your first wedding anniversary?

My first anniversary is coming up and my parents will have our daughter for the weekend. I want to do something fun and special that doesn't cost a whole lot. Any ideas will be greatly appreciated!

mamacifuni

Asked by mamacifuni at 1:33 PM on Sep. 9, 2010 in Relationships

• we ate the top of our wedding cake with our son and drank a bottle of champaign from our wedding that my step mil had saved for us. it was nice. we went and visited the park we got married at too.
    dragonlady320

Answer by dragonlady320 at 1:34 PM on Sep. 9, 2010

• We just went out to dinner. By that time our daughter was 1 1/2 months so she came along.
    CABlonde

Answer by CABlonde at 1:35 PM on Sep. 9, 2010

• oh and we took our son to the apple orchard and on his first hayride
    dragonlady320

Answer by dragonlady320 at 1:35 PM on Sep. 9, 2010

• I spent in alone and just went out to dinner with our daughter. My husband was deployed at the time.
    mommy_of_two388

Answer by mommy_of_two388 at 1:35 PM on Sep. 9, 2010

• For our honeymoon we went canooing, that was fun and not too expensive, and for our anniversary we just went out to a nice dinner, spent some time together and bought new wedding bands (the first set were only temporary bc we didn't have a lot of money at the time) :)
    Kword

Answer by Kword at 1:35 PM on Sep. 9, 2010

• We had just moved into our first house the weekend before and was 8 months pregnant. We just went out to eat and enjoyed being in our new house.

We like to have someone watch the kids for the weekend and enjoy a nice quite home and being able to leave the house when we want. We have done that for the last 4 yrs and love it.
    Raeann11

Answer by Raeann11 at 1:36 PM on Sep. 9, 2010

• My husband and I's first anniversary is coming up in 2 weeks and we're going to have a nice dinner out the actual day of and the day before we are packing a picnic with cheese and sparkling cider and taking it to the park we had our reception at.
    MamaSarah1104

Answer by MamaSarah1104 at 1:39 PM on Sep. 9, 2010

• How about a romantic dinner for two? Eat what you had at your wedding reception, dance to the music that played, and relive that special day!!

We went to NYC, where we met 3 years prior (married on the same date 2 years later.) We stayed at the same hotel, and recreated our steps from that night. It was wonderful recreating the old memory and making new ones!
    Scuba

Answer by Scuba at 1:40 PM on Sep. 9, 2010

• We took a weekend trip to Rockport MA. It was great. But that was before kids. I brought the top of our cake in a cooler and I ate that. My husband wouldn't touch it.
    mompam

Answer by mompam at 2:01 PM on Sep. 9, 2010

• We went to Olive Garden, my parents watched the kids :) I was 8 months pregnant.. so I didn't feel like doing a whole lot.
    SAHMomOf3

Answer by SAHMomOf3 at 2:07 PM on Sep. 9, 2010