Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

2 Bumps

Easing pain from a deep bruise?

I fell on Sunday, I have a huge bruise on my upper arm. I've got the pain pills the doc gave me, but what else can I do to make it feel better?


Asked by Scuba at 1:35 PM on Sep. 9, 2010 in Health

Level 34 (64,138 Credits)
This question is closed.
Answers (6)
  • * Elevate the injured area.
    * Apply ice or a cold pack several times a day for a day or two after the injury.
    * Rest the bruised area, if possible.
    * Consider acetaminophen (Tylenol, others) for pain relief, or ibuprofen (Advil, Motrin, others) for pain relief and to reduce swelling.

    Answer by AdrianaS at 1:41 PM on Sep. 9, 2010

  • Ice and vitamin K
    about 20 minutes on a towel over the bruise then 20 minutes off.

    Answer by mommy_of_two388 at 1:39 PM on Sep. 9, 2010

  • The best thing to do is put ice on it to take the swelling down.The ice will also help the bruising.

    Answer by bvannkissy at 4:03 PM on Sep. 9, 2010

  • All I can say is ice it and take ibuprophen. It's better for bruising than pain meds/

    Answer by itsmesteph11 at 5:15 PM on Sep. 9, 2010

  • I would say ice also.

    Answer by QandA at 6:18 PM on Sep. 9, 2010

  • Get thee to a Chiropractor ASAP! Whenever you have a fall you must get your spine back into alignment before it will heal correctly. Whe you hit an area hard enough to get a bruise, it also misaligns the bones underneath which slows down the healing-your arm will heal more quickly when back in alignment.

    Answer by drsally at 9:23 PM on Sep. 9, 2010