1 month postpartum appointment

I have my 1 month postpartum appointment today and was wondering if anyone else had been back to the doctor this soon? I thought you just go back 6 weeks pp. I am wondering what to expect, is it just like the 6 week? I am nervous because im still a tad bit sore down there and definitely not ready for an internal exam :(

BraythansMom

Asked by BraythansMom at 1:39 PM on Sep. 9, 2010 in Babies (0-12 months)

• Some doctors may do it different. Just express how you fell down there and don't want to do an internal exam right now
    mommy_of_two388

Answer by mommy_of_two388 at 1:42 PM on Sep. 9, 2010

• I had to go back 2 weeks later but then again I had a c section. Make sure to voice the fact that you are still sore down there
    AllThatBabyJazz

Answer by AllThatBabyJazz at 1:44 PM on Sep. 9, 2010

• I've never heard of that. I've had 4 children and I was never told to come in before 6 weeks.
    DawnA72

Answer by DawnA72 at 1:44 PM on Sep. 9, 2010

• I've never heard of a 1 month PP appt. It might be the 6 week visit just a little early. Call the office and ask what is involved, since you are only 1 month post partum.
    Krysta622

Answer by Krysta622 at 1:44 PM on Sep. 9, 2010

• I went back at 1 month too. They will just probably look & check you and talk to you about birth control & see if you have any other issues to discuss.
    ILovemyPaulie

Answer by ILovemyPaulie at 1:49 PM on Sep. 9, 2010

• I went in at 1 week b/c of c-section and then again at 5 weeks and was released. It is probably your 6 week appt just 2 weeks early. I didn't have an internal exam. They just asked if I was doing okay and then released me back to work and do the fun stuff.
    coala

Answer by coala at 1:52 PM on Sep. 9, 2010