my son will be 2 months on th 20th he weighs 12 ponds already. he was 8 11 at birth. does he wiegh to much for his age

hunters_mom820

Asked by hunters_mom820 at 2:27 AM on Oct. 15, 2008 in Health

• By all means IMO that answer is no. My oldest was born 8lbs 2 oz and he gained weight really fast and our dr. told us that they will burn off the weight once they start crawling. A thing to remember, right now pretty much your baby eats, sleeps, and probably tries to hold thier head up and maybe sit up but they still are not active so weight gain is pretty much expected. If you really are worried, ask your dr. that's why they are there. Take care
    mrsfarris

Answer by mrsfarris at 2:40 AM on Oct. 15, 2008

• My sone is almost 3 months and weighs 13 pounds...I guess some babies just grow faster. He eats normal and my DH's family is so skinny he will probally grow up being skinny too.. My doctor didn't seem to mind or think it was a problem.
    TiffanyLove18

Answer by TiffanyLove18 at 2:43 AM on Oct. 15, 2008

• nope
    Patience1

Answer by Patience1 at 3:27 AM on Oct. 15, 2008

• My DD was 10lb 7 oz at birth and weighed way over 12 lb at 2 mo....She's 6 months now, and her weight gain as started to slow (17 lb 13 oz now) because she is so active....Don't worry about it, your baby will grow the his body is meant to.
    Kimebs

Answer by Kimebs at 9:03 AM on Oct. 15, 2008

• sounds normal to me ... I had one that was 26 pounds at 6 months and 1 the wasn't 26 pounds until almost 3. If you know your child's intake is normal (eating every few hours) and you are not using a bottle to pacify then no sweat!
    pammomof9

Answer by pammomof9 at 11:16 AM on Oct. 15, 2008