Why am I lactating?!?!!?

Info- my daughter is 16 months old and I haven't breastfed for 10 months now! I just had a period (an extra long one, actually) that ended 3 days ago. Not pregnant, so why am I suddenly having VERY tender breasts and very slightly lactating???

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 1:44 PM on Sep. 9, 2010 in Just for Fun

• I've heard that you can have residual milk for up to 2 years after you stop nursing. If it bothers you then you can try the tips in this article... its completely safe use of herbs that a lot of people use in their everyday cooking anyway...

http://www.helium.com/items/836548-herbs-that-stop-the-flow-of-breast-milk

elizabiza

Answer by elizabiza at 2:07 PM on Sep. 9, 2010

• I had this issue a few months ago. It came, and went away again fairly quickly. It's probably just a chance in the hormone levels in your body. If your concerned, call your Dr. GL.
    BisketLiss

Answer by BisketLiss at 1:55 PM on Sep. 9, 2010

• It's your body getting back to normal after you stopped breastfeeding.I went thru the same thing after I had all three of my boys.
    bvannkissy

Answer by bvannkissy at 2:11 PM on Sep. 9, 2010