37 weeks with brownish discharge (TMI)

This morning and so far today I have noticed I have brownish tinted discharge on my panty liner. I'm really hoping its the mucus plug although with my first it came out in one clump. Baby is moving fine and I'm not having painful or regular contractions. I'm a little jumpy because when my first son's water broke his head was a cork so I didn't really know it broke except for the contractions. And, of course, my husband is out of town today.

Anyway...so did anyone else have brownish discharge at the end?

sunshine58103

Asked by sunshine58103 at 1:44 PM on Sep. 9, 2010 in Pregnancy

• I did but it was after my water broke.
    coala

Answer by coala at 1:45 PM on Sep. 9, 2010

• yes its probably your cervix ripening. its just starting to afface, naybe open. if you think you water may have broke just lay don at an angle with your head lower than your bottom to take the pressure off your cervix and if your water did break it shoud un cork it.
    cassie_m

Answer by cassie_m at 1:59 PM on Sep. 9, 2010

• yep sounds like mucous plug
    eliesmommy1989

Answer by eliesmommy1989 at 4:45 PM on Sep. 9, 2010

• My mucous plug was like that and I didn't have the baby for another 2 weeks. So maybe this will be your case. My hubby worked nights so I was always nervous I would go into labor alone. But I never did. Relax momma!
    ainstalshia

Answer by ainstalshia at 6:31 PM on Sep. 9, 2010