How hard is Knitting?

I know how to crochet, but I am wanting to learn how to knit.. How hard is it? and is there an online site to help?

MzGeorgiaPeach

Asked by MzGeorgiaPeach at 1:48 PM on Sep. 9, 2010 in Hobbies & Crafts

• I have crocheted for a while, and I really wanted to know how to knit, getting the basics down wasn't hard, but trying to figure out some of the fancier stuff is a little challenging but not too hard. a good site is http://www.knittinghelp.com They have a few videos that explains a bit of it!!!! I enjoy knitting!
    Sarasmoonflower

Answer by Sarasmoonflower at 7:24 PM on Sep. 9, 2010

• For me its very hard! I can chain on and that's it! I tried looking up on youtube.com that kind of helped.
    dragonlady320

Answer by dragonlady320 at 1:49 PM on Sep. 9, 2010

• I found it hard to get started but then it got very easy. I don't do any of the fancy stiches, though.
    science_spot

Answer by science_spot at 1:52 PM on Sep. 9, 2010

• I never did give myself enough time to get used to it...
    but i've heard its only a little bit more complex than crochet so if you already do that then it shouldn't be too much of a leap
    elizabiza

Answer by elizabiza at 1:58 PM on Sep. 9, 2010

• Not hard- i taught myself- of course I do not make complicated things-
    Sisteract

Answer by Sisteract at 1:58 PM on Sep. 9, 2010

• My mom taught me & my sister when we were in grade school.Now ,I can't for the life of me figure out how to knit anymore but I just started to crochet a few months ago.
    bvannkissy

Answer by bvannkissy at 2:58 PM on Sep. 9, 2010

• yes, I can crochet too but for some reason knitting, having to use 2 hands is hard! Whaaaa!
    Roadfamily6now

Answer by Roadfamily6now at 3:24 PM on Sep. 9, 2010

• I taught my self the basic stitches from knitting for Dummies. But i didn't hold the needles properly until I took a class at a craft store.
    Noni2319

Answer by Noni2319 at 6:16 PM on Sep. 9, 2010

• It is quite easy when you get the hang of it....very addictive. But, the key to learning to knit is SEEING it done. I read a crap load of books but it took my mom SHOWING me how to get it right. I swear I still purl backwards...but maybe it is just me... LOL!
    WoodWitch

Answer by WoodWitch at 8:11 AM on Sep. 10, 2010