RE: Her child needs help & it is like they do not see it

I am making this another question so I can remain Anon.

I know this because I see it everyday, I have to help her with him.. and when she "cant take it anymore" he comes to my house - he has literally swung from my chandelier and jumped out of a window" ... I do think he needs help and I have talked to MIL about it and she basically just shakes her head no and uses the excuse that " he is just a baby and will grow out of it" . He goes to a very poor school ( they even only have the 1 school bus) , they just keep trying to fail him EVERY year, and MIL refuses to let him be behind and he goes to summer school ( where they just practice baking cookies for 3 hours) .

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 1:54 PM on Sep. 9, 2010 in Parenting Debate

• Okay..I'm not understanding the question.. there's another question attached?
    SuperrMommyy

Answer by SuperrMommyy at 2:00 PM on Sep. 9, 2010

• Where's the other question located? How old is this child? Whose child is he? What do you suspect is wrong with him? Are you in a position to make a referral yourself?
    mom2aspclboy

Answer by mom2aspclboy at 2:04 PM on Sep. 9, 2010

• BradenIsMySon

Answer by BradenIsMySon at 2:05 PM on Sep. 9, 2010

• No offense I think he needs his ass kicked. My kids act up but never like that. Holy shit.
    hot-mama86

Answer by hot-mama86 at 10:40 PM on Sep. 9, 2010

• Um, he was born addicted to drugs, of course there is something wrong with him? Call CPS then. What else can you do? Kicking his ass isn't going to do anything. That's like saying my son who is ADHD and with Aspbergers doesn't need his meds, he just needs his ass kicked. Really? This kid was born addicted to drugs. He's been taken away from his parents and is being raised by his grandmother. He's mucked up. He needs help, and he's not getting it. He knows he needs help, he knows he's not getting it, and he's acting out. On top of that, HE WAS BORN ADDICTED TO DRUGS.
    Raine2001

Answer by Raine2001 at 12:41 AM on Sep. 12, 2010

• bump
    san78

Answer by san78 at 5:19 PM on Sep. 12, 2010

• I'm not sure what the amt of school busses has to do with school quality BUT... here's the thing.. you can talk to MIL, you can suggest, but you can't make her... You can be very honest and let her know that she is setting him up for a VERY diff. life but other than that....

what you CAN do ... is refuse to take care of him UNLESS she seeks help. Let her know you care about him and her BUT that you CANNOT con. to take care of him/help her if she is not willing to AT THE VERY LEAST get him evaluated...
    and that's all you can do...

Serenity prayer time... change the things I CAN
    MamiJaAyla

Answer by MamiJaAyla at 5:28 PM on Sep. 12, 2010

• Actually children addicted to drugs in the womb end up in a MUCH better place than those exposed to alchol. They go through a withdrawla period (a few weeks/months) but then they are farily normal. So it is definately parenting. Tell her you won't watch him unless she gets HER act together.
    coolchic320

Answer by coolchic320 at 8:07 PM on Sep. 12, 2010