Any team ropers?

I love to team rope, both heading and heeling. Anyone else rope?

RodeoGirlUSA1

Asked by RodeoGirlUSA1 at 2:01 PM on Sep. 9, 2010 in Pets

• I used to break away, but now we just have a 400 cow calf ranch, so i still get to do a lot of roping....and I train barrel horses
    BradensMom1026

Answer by BradensMom1026 at 5:55 PM on Sep. 9, 2010

• Roping is mean, inhumane and abusive.

How about we make you run like hell, while being chased by a horse, then, someone will throw a rope around your neck and tie your three legs together..just because you want to look cool. Get a real hobby.
    Acid

Answer by Acid at 3:14 PM on Sep. 10, 2010

• Seriously, it sounds like you need a real hobby that doesnt involve hiding behind a computer to attempt to insult people. I do it because I love it, and if you knew anything about roping, you would know that to roping you are refering to is calf roping, NOT team roping. Do a little more research next time!
    RodeoGirlUSA1

Comment by RodeoGirlUSA1 (original poster) at 6:43 PM on Sep. 13, 2010

• Still roping a defenseless animal, still zero reason for it and its still inhumane. Yes, its much better to have two horses running after you while you are scared...it makes much more sense now. So, I'll get two horses, chase you down, try to rope you around your ears but if I miss and hit your neck its okay. Then, my friend will come, pull your feet from under you and tie you up...yes, I can see how its much better.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Team_Roping
    Acid

Answer by Acid at 2:53 PM on Sep. 15, 2010

• Wow! You know how to look something up on Wikipedia, now you must know everything there is to know about it, because Wikipedia said so! "try to rope you around your ears" huh? Again with the mis-information. They are called horns honey, their ears are under the horn wraps...well protected. And there is no tying involved in team roping, they rope the back legs. You didn't even read the info on Wikipedia right! Good one..I am sorry, team roping, along with all other rodeo sports, is an American tradition that is here to stay. You think it's inhumane? That is your right, so be it. But get all the facts first and next time someone asks if there are any team ropers dont give your unwanted opinion. If I cared, I would have asked...do you think roping is inhumane? Nope, not what it says! You must have nothing better to do than pick fights on the internet, and google anytime someone questions you.
    RodeoGirlUSA1

Comment by RodeoGirlUSA1 (original poster) at 4:56 PM on Sep. 15, 2010

• Oh good god...yes, I know they are horns..on a cow, unless you have four legs you are not a cow. I was saying, to demonstrate what its like for a cow to be roped, how about we rope you...perhaps some reading comprehension.
    Acid

Answer by Acid at 5:07 PM on Sep. 15, 2010

• i dont lol i seen it done before
    mekarevell

Answer by mekarevell at 9:42 AM on Sep. 21, 2010