Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

12 Bumps

What would you do if you found something out like this ?

I have a friend who is basically milking the system...She has been un unemployment for awhile, and now that it is running out she has been saying she doesnt know what she is going to do.... First she "fell" in krogers and had to go to the ER 3 times ( even though they couldnt see anything wrong) ... And now since that didnt result in her getting paid she is trying to get full custody of her fiances son. When they first were dating and engaged she got along with the boys mom ( who I know and is a great mom ), but then she realized she ( they) can get custody of him and the mom will have to pay child support and that is what she wants - She literally told me she wants custody of him so she can get child support and not have to go to work.... I do not want to associate with the TRASH now, but should i say anything to someone ?

Answer Question

Asked by Anonymous at 2:02 PM on Sep. 9, 2010 in Parenting Debate

Answers (32)
  • yuck, that is just rotten

    Answer by maxsmom11807 at 2:03 PM on Sep. 9, 2010

  • I don't know... saying something means you'd have to give proof and that just seems like a lot of work on your part.
    IMO people like that get what they deserve in the long run.

    Answer by elizabiza at 2:04 PM on Sep. 9, 2010

  • you could go to the court hearing wiht her and tell them thats what shes doing. they wont give her sitody for that reason.

    Answer by cassie_m at 2:04 PM on Sep. 9, 2010

  • Say what? To who? She sounds lazy but is doing nothing illegal.

    Answer by gulfcoastmom4 at 2:05 PM on Sep. 9, 2010

  • I would just cut all ties with her.. & keep my mouth shut.

    Answer by SuperrMommyy at 2:05 PM on Sep. 9, 2010

  • i guess you could offer to testify on the mother's behalf but i guess that's it. ugh i hate people like that. get a job. its really not that hard.

    Answer by erinwhitt at 2:05 PM on Sep. 9, 2010

  • You could go to court with the mother and testify for her. Not sure if any of her past could be brought up. It should be since she is a slip and fall expert and wants to sponge off other people. I would hate to think of her being in that child's life like she would be if she and her fiance got custody. Those two things alone should make them getting custody null and void but you never know today. Personally, I'd help the mother fight for her child and cut this piece of trash loose.

    Answer by Anonymous at 2:09 PM on Sep. 9, 2010

  • Seriously, it will cost them a small fortune to try and get custody. They aren't going to get it unless they can prove the mom unfit - unlikely. Don't associate yourself with this trash, she's a loser.

    Answer by Scuba at 2:09 PM on Sep. 9, 2010

  • If that was my friend I'd tell her how low and pathetic that is. I'd also tell her to get a job like everyone else. Tax dollars aren't for conniving people who want an easy way through life. Yuck!

    Answer by GenieBean at 2:10 PM on Sep. 9, 2010

  • Being caught in a similar situation myself with my ex-husband. I would find the mother and offer her my support. She is going to need it, because they do get what they deserve in the end, but that end might be long coming. To many people get scared of being involved in something as personal as this and honestly you should not get overly involved. However, sometimes you just have to for the benefit of a child that is now going to be involved.

    Answer by dance45133 at 2:10 PM on Sep. 9, 2010

Join CafeMom now to contribute your answer and become part of our community. It's free and takes just a minute.