American Eskimo Dog

Anyone have any experience? I'm considering eventually getting one. I have a small child.

toriandgrace

Asked by toriandgrace at 3:25 AM on Oct. 15, 2008 in Pets

• They are the greatest dogs for living up north. They love the snow and cold weather. Since they have mucho hair to brush be prepared to spend some time grooming. In the winter they won't shed. But spring and summer is a differnt story. They blow thier coats, just like horses do after winter. If you live up north it is a great place for them. But to live so.  of the snow line you may have a litle more up keep with them. We used to shave ours in the summer to help with the hair loss. Ours hogged all the cold spots in the house during heat. Sorry we didn't leave him with the friends up north when we had to move!

doglovergranny

Answer by doglovergranny at 2:09 PM on Oct. 15, 2008

• you should go w the sheltie!!
    tnteaton

Answer by tnteaton at 4:41 AM on Oct. 15, 2008

• ok ill stop w that now.lol
    tnteaton

• I have hada eskamo dog and the beautiful hair needs to be brushed.. They have individual characters,. never bit anybody but I would wait until your child is older and more responsible --Very loyal and sweet..I had a small dog but they can get bigger. Look in the dog book for information. Good Luck.
    kathie167

Answer by kathie167 at 8:10 AM on Oct. 15, 2008

• I am not getting the dog for my two year old, I don't know if that's why you suggested I wait until she's more responsible or not. I'm actually getting a dog for my husband...
    toriandgrace

Answer by toriandgrace at 9:33 AM on Oct. 15, 2008