why?why? why? why?

Okay it might be just me. Please be honest and let me know have this happened to you! So I have an eight month old son. MY FIRST CHILD,Who is only crawling and pulling up. People always ask me when is he going to start walking OR why is he not walking. First it was his father now its at least 4 people that says it every day, or when is he going to get teeth. not to mention my boyfriend blames me because I didnt breastfeed long enough thats why he's toothless. He even blames me for babying him because i dont do what his friend's girlfriend does(she has 4 kids). He is always comparing me to her or telling me what she does and i dont agree such as he shouldnt be aroud me all day i should just leave in the room by himself so he can be independent. HOW Stupid! Help I dont know what to think!!!!!!

Jrsmommie08

Asked by Jrsmommie08 at 3:26 AM on Oct. 15, 2008 in Babies (0-12 months)

• Tell him to f* off and try to be helpful for once. This is life, not a contest. Your son is doing fine. Don't worry. Once they start to develop those things, the others follow quickly. Just enjoy your son. If he can't handle it, tell him to get lost.
    amandallamas

Answer by amandallamas at 12:30 AM on Oct. 16, 2008

• I HATED that. my boyfriends sister had a baby a month older than mine and he would always compare the way i did things with her. and he would be like shes already crawing and doing this and that why isn't he. Depending on my mood i would tell them something or i would just ignore it cause i knew my son was doing things on his time and i was raising him the way i wanted to, he didn't have any problems holding him back he just wasn't ready. She started crwaling sooner but now he walks and she dosn't so they don't say mcuh any more : )
    BabyGsMaMa13

Answer by BabyGsMaMa13 at 4:11 AM on Oct. 15, 2008

• Why? You alraady know the answer. People are idiots.

Comparing babies is the road to madness.

Answer by gdiamante at 5:05 AM on Oct. 15, 2008

• Every baby is different, tell him if he is so worried about these things then he should discuss them with your doctor. About the parenting, just as no 2 people are alike, no 2 parenting styles are the same. You should discuss with your boyfriend a parenting style that works for the 2 of you. Throw the books on parenting styles out and go with what is best for you and your baby.
    MarshaB702

Answer by MarshaB702 at 6:46 AM on Oct. 15, 2008

• My son is 10 months and hes just crawling everywhere...he doesn't want to walk..when i hold his hands and encourage him he walks really well.

Apparently if they are a crawler they tend to hold on to it until they get frustrated and realize that walking is much easier to get them where they want to.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 7:22 AM on Oct. 15, 2008

• first off I would smack that boyfriend of yours seriously...no offense...
    And hunny your son is ONLY 8 MONTHS!! I know maybe 1 baby that was walking by 9 months...but other than that special case your baby is just fine....every baby is different and the next person who says when this when that just say WHEN HE WALKS HE WALKS WHEN HE GETS TEETH HE GETS TEETH now butt out!!!
    Sorry I just get aggravated when people say stupid things like that.
    and it's not because you didn't breast feed long enough that he doesn't have teeth...I only breast fed for 3 weeks and my son is starting to get his bottom teeth...he's 5 months...
    JessTorres

Answer by JessTorres at 7:55 AM on Oct. 15, 2008

• Ignore them, when your baby is ready to walk he will. My 5 year old started walking 2 weeks before her 1rst birthday, my niece started walking at 8 months, my mom I have been told started walking at 9 months, my 8 month old is just now crawling and sitting up and is showing no signs of wanting to walk yet, she enjoys crawling. There is no set month for them to start walking, hang in there and tell those people that he will walk when he is ready and that you don't want him growing up too fst so why should they. :)
    Izzyscrazymom

Answer by Izzyscrazymom at 8:56 AM on Oct. 15, 2008

• *fast*
    Izzyscrazymom

Answer by Izzyscrazymom at 9:06 AM on Oct. 15, 2008

• I have a nine month old and he is crawling and pulling up. But my 5yr old twins weren't crawling or pulling up until they were over a year old. My 9 month old has 4 teeth but my twins didnt get thier 1st tooth till the were over a year old! Every baby is dfferent and does things when they are ready! You tell everyone to mind there own business! And far as you leaving him alone in a room, that is just stupid! There is so much he can get into when you aren't watching!
    maddie_cash

Answer by maddie_cash at 9:46 AM on Oct. 15, 2008

• My daughters didn't start cutting teeth until they were 11 and 13 months old. And they didn't start walking until they were 15 and 17 months old.One was BF for 3 months and one was FF. Your baby is being a baby I think people just want their kids to get bigger too fast nowadays. Letting him play in a playpen in the same room as you wouldn't hurt but, soon enough he will be exploring on his own. Just tell everyone to mind their own business and you are letting your baby get along on his own time.
    matthewscandi

Answer by matthewscandi at 9:54 AM on Oct. 15, 2008