Passion?

I'm 23 & been married 4 years. We have a 1yo & our passions gone. Background-dating my dh he was outgoing, fun, compassionate, romantic, kissed the ground i walked on. That was hs & it changes. We came home from honeymoon fighting. He felt like he didn't have2tell me how he felt bc he did things2show me-like help around the house. I want to be told & cuddled, ext. I'm not perfect. I thought we'd keep our passion going but the last2yrs it's been rough. Everybody wants a fairy tale marriage but i just want2feel the connection we had when dating. We were almost2point of divorce but we were blessed w/beautiful baby. We did great4a while bc of our love4our child pushed our problems back but they r resurfacing. I want that passion back but don't know what 2do. I've tried2talk2him but he doesn't think it's a big deal. 2him, we r in a good place. He brushes me off. CONTINUE ON FIRST POST -

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 12:58 AM on Jul. 1, 2008 in Relationships

• I know it sounds crazy, but you have to make time for each other, and a lot of it may fall into place. Take a step and surprise him. Hire a baby sitter outside of your home, cook a nice meal, wear something beautiful and maybe a bit sexy. Make the night all about you as a couple. DON'T TALK ABOUT THE BABY!!!!!!! Do this once every couple of weeks. If you take extra steps to bring it back, he may jump at the chance to do it to. Men often times try, but are too scared of being rejected. If you take the initiative, not only is it brutally sexy, but also takes a lot of the pressure off of him. That's what I did when our daughter was first born. Things have been great ever since.
    Mom1Stepmom1

Answer by Mom1Stepmom1 at 3:04 AM on Jul. 1, 2008

• CONTINUES --
    sorry i couldn't cut it neshorter.
    He says if i'm not happy then he's not keeping me here but wants me2stay. I love him & don't want2leave. He's in school right now &spends most time studying which puts strain on us. He's hard worker & i want him2do good so i've let it go4so long. What would u do? What r some things that i can try 2get that passion back?
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 12:59 AM on Jul. 1, 2008

• Do you guys go on dates? I know its hard with a busy life (kids, school, work, ect.) but haveing one on one time with your husband is very important, even if its every other week or so. I know how you are feeling, me and my husband have been married for 2 1/2 years and its just not the same. He used to give me these kisses that would make me melt, now im lucky if he really kisses me even once a week. Passion is very important and I want mine back to. I hope someone gives you a good answer because id like to hear it. I wish you the best of luck. Hang in there.
    CharlotteluvsJ

Answer by CharlotteluvsJ at 1:32 AM on Jul. 1, 2008

• Marriage is not easy!! If you work through these hard times you will have something to be proud of later!! Communication is the key and you should take time for yourselves!!
    charityf

Answer by charityf at 4:43 AM on Jul. 1, 2008

• YUP, it sounds like you married a man!!! LMAO!! i hate to say this but the feeling you had dating, you won't get again. thats a part of marriage. BUT you can still get reconnected!!! flirt with eachother, have fun, be silly!!! be responsible but immature!! LMAO!! goof around, go play putt putt, dance silly with you baby and hubby. just cause your married doesn't mean life has to be stale! LOL! remind your hubby thats it the little things that count, a simple eye contact and an i love you whisper in the ear counts for something, right? GOOD LUCK!!
    dannersmell

Answer by dannersmell at 4:50 AM on Jul. 1, 2008