Are there any good Christians out there?

I am looking for good moral Christians to be friends with. I have posted this before and was told it was not a question. So here it is in question form. Are you willing to be my friend if I don't drink, party, do drugs, think it is ok to have premarital sex, dump your kids on anyone who will take them so you can get high (or worse do it in front of them), If I don't agree with any of those things will you still be my friend. This is often the deal breaker. Are you willing to be my friend if I don't let my daughter wear revieling clothes (nothing that comes above her knees)?

mrssullivan

Asked by mrssullivan at 3:39 AM on Oct. 15, 2008 in Religion & Beliefs

• Well I don't smoke, drink, party, or do drugs, but I'm an atheist.
    You might be limiting yourself a bit by wanting only Christian friends. I wish you luck in your search for friends!
    KristiS11384

Answer by KristiS11384 at 8:46 AM on Oct. 15, 2008

• yeah I'm the same way :) I would not want my daughter wearing things that would "put" herself out there for guys to oggle...I did have pre-marital sex but I confessed that to God, He forgave me and I'm now married to the one and only man I've ever been with...so yeah anyway I'm the same way about partying and such...so yeah
    Allikats-momma

Answer by Allikats-momma at 4:29 AM on Oct. 15, 2008

• sex drugs and rock and roll...if you havn't experinced them at one time or another then you havn't lived....
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 5:48 AM on Oct. 15, 2008

• love, God and Family that is the life I like
    mrssullivan

Answer by mrssullivan at 6:44 AM on Oct. 15, 2008

• Well, we don't drink, smoke or do any type of drugs. I even try to look for natural ways in place of prescription drugs. My kids aren't quite old enough to want to wear "revealing" clothes but when they do there will be limits. I definitely belive in morals and teaching my kids to be kind to everyone they meet, even the bullies. They know that those that choose to pick on others usually have a rough family background that makes them that way. Above all, I teach them to be God-loving and to be the best example to the world that they can be.
    jenettyshome

Answer by jenettyshome at 7:04 AM on Oct. 15, 2008

• I became a Christian last year...before then, I did all of those bad things....but when I decided to change my life, I lost all of my friends because they couldn't respect the wishes of me and my DH and keep those things away from us.....I'd also love to find friends who share my values and won't judge me for not always living this way....Msg me if you'd like to talk sometime.
    Kimebs

Answer by Kimebs at 8:58 AM on Oct. 15, 2008

• Drinking and smoking are not against what Christians believe. I'm not trying to start an argument or sound nasty, but it's not. I am a Christian. As long as you don't abuse or misuse it's not a sin. Just like sex. As long as you don't abuse it, it's not a bad thing.

Although I do respect other people's beliefs. To each their own.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 9:14 AM on Oct. 15, 2008

• As long as I find someone's personality compatible with mine, I'll be friends with anybody. While I have never touched the stuff, I have "pot-head" friends. I also have friends that hit the club scene every weekend (without me).... We don't have to live the exact same lifestyle to be friends - how boring would that be?
    DusterMommy

Answer by DusterMommy at 9:14 AM on Oct. 15, 2008

• WOw anonymous 9:14AM (sad we have to distinguish you anon posters by time) but I don't recall her EVER saying that smoking and drinking is against the Bible or a sin. She's just looking for people with similar interests. If you think about it it makes sense, if you're a non smoker or non drinker and don't like to go out clubbing you're going to have difficulty in conversations with someone who does like to do those things. She might want to talk about what she did on friday night with kids or playing board games and the next person will want to talk about some drunk guy that hit on them at the bar which she won't care to hear about because she avoids that sort of scene.
    KristiS11384

Answer by KristiS11384 at 9:23 AM on Oct. 15, 2008

• NO THERE ISNT

rachelisamail

Answer by rachelisamail at 9:25 AM on Oct. 15, 2008