3 year old and ABC's

My daughter just turned 3 a few weeks ago and loves to sing her ABC's, she has most of the letters down, Im quite impressed! Anyone else have a smarty pants?

RodeoGirlUSA1

Asked by RodeoGirlUSA1 at 2:05 PM on Sep. 9, 2010 in Preschoolers (3-4)

• I do! I have a 5 year old that knew her ABCs by the time she was 3 & I have a 3 year old now that knows her ABCs.. We have smart kids huh?! lol
    SuperrMommyy

Answer by SuperrMommyy at 2:08 PM on Sep. 9, 2010

• My daughter will be 3 in two months and has been singing her ABCs for the past year. She can also spell her name, bath, walk, and count to 20. Sometimes it scares me how smart she is!!
    britnzoey

Answer by britnzoey at 2:10 PM on Sep. 9, 2010

• I think I have a smart kid. :D LOL! He was very slow to talk, but I think he has kept everything inside his head. He is now 4 1/2 and is writing his letters and saying all the sounds and names for every letter. He can do simple subtraction and addition - and he didn't even count right. He would mix up his numbers and tell me, "That is how I count, mommy." Funny thing is I think that is actually what he meant. He knew the right way, but didn't want to. I was shocked the day he was adding and subtracting cows in the field we passed!!
    micheledo

Answer by micheledo at 2:15 PM on Sep. 9, 2010

• good job!
    mompam

Answer by mompam at 2:40 PM on Sep. 9, 2010

• My almost 3 year old knows most of his ABCs, by sight as well as to sing them (there are just a couple he doesn't get), body parts, can count to 10, and knows different animal noises, lol. I don't know, though, if any of that is normal or not.... He's my first, and we don't get to see a lot of other kids his age...
    bandgeek521

Answer by bandgeek521 at 3:21 PM on Sep. 9, 2010

• yes dd is 3 1/2 and she learn her abc by age 2 1/2.
    piwife

Answer by piwife at 3:33 PM on Sep. 9, 2010

• I am pretty sure that we all have smart toddlers. I know I tell my daughter's Daddy on a daily basis how smart our 3 1/2 year old is. hee hee -- She still does mix up her ABC's at times but she can count to 15 and 10 in Spanish. She can name most of her states and most of ther planets in the solar system. I too don't know what is normal for the little ones to know but I do know it is normal for Mommy & Daddy to brag about how smart our little ones are!
    Peajewel

Answer by Peajewel at 3:35 PM on Sep. 9, 2010

• My daughter will be 3 next month and she can sing her ABC and recognize most of them .

Nsbgirl

Answer by Nsbgirl at 3:41 PM on Sep. 9, 2010

• I never taught my kids the song but my youngest learned her ABCs in school last year. She's now 4 and can write and recognize all the letters, spell and write her entire name (first, middle and last in correct upper and lower case), recognizes and can write all the numbers and count to100. And I just found out last week that she can add. I had no idea. I was quizzing my 2nd grader on some basic math facts and she was struggling (after not practicing all summer) but the 4yo was just shouting out the answers. I was a bit shocked. All that from 4 hours of preschool a week (because I didn't teach her all that stuff). She won't even start kindergarten until next year and is already ahead of where my other kids were when they were almost 6.
    justanotherjen

Answer by justanotherjen at 4:24 PM on Sep. 9, 2010

• that is great! :)
    KTMOM

Answer by KTMOM at 5:38 PM on Sep. 9, 2010