can a lot of stress make you go into labor

im 36 weeks and i am stressing a lot my guinea pig is dying and i cant get over it will me stressing so much make me go into labor

mom-to-be21

Asked by mom-to-be21 at 6:16 AM on Oct. 15, 2008 in Pregnancy

• Yes you can go into labor I was 36 weeks and I had my son...All through the pregnancy I was having ligt bleeding..And I knew I would have him early..It just seem like he was ready to come into the world..When he was born he wieghed 5 lb. ....and now he is a healthy active boy...
    Jonay

Answer by Jonay at 6:40 AM on Oct. 15, 2008

• Yes, it can. I would say it usually doesn't, unless it's a really big tragedy, but it could.
    PamJM

Answer by PamJM at 9:06 AM on Oct. 15, 2008

• It can make you go into labor or it can keep you from going into labor. Fear is a huge factor in failure to progress. The guinue pig is probably just something you are focusing on to distract yourself.  Enjoy your guinea pig's last days and take some pictures, say good bye, let him go.  (I know they are so cute and helpless.) Prepare the baby's room and move in a positive direction.  You will be fine.

LoveMyDog

Answer by LoveMyDog at 10:10 AM on Oct. 15, 2008