How important is [good] sex for you in a relationship?

My husband and I used to have decent sex, even after our child was born.. we made it a point to not neglect our sex life. About a year ago, it started getting really bad, not only would we rarely have sex, but it was fast, sloppy, and selfish on his part. I've got sex books, and talked about it with him but it hasn't gotten better at all. It's gotten to the point where I don't even want it anymore, I'd rather get myself off and call it good. Any other suggestions?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 2:08 PM on Sep. 9, 2010 in Relationships

• What is his response when you talk to him? Regardless of how important it is to others, it is clearly important to you, and appears it's more than just the sex. Him being selfish and sloppy may be hurtful (it would be for me). You could try counseling. If he's not hearing you, maybe a mediator of some sort can help. You could buy a sexy board game. Set up a date night and seduce him, taking it slow and when he tries to rush into it, push him away and tease him (in a nice, sexy way).
    MeandMyBabes

Answer by MeandMyBabes at 2:13 PM on Sep. 9, 2010

• If he treats you well and you know beyond a shadow of a doubt that he loves you, then the sex really isn't too important, but he does need to pay attention to your sexual needs. It's not about how often you have sex, but that when you have sex it's about making eachother feel good, and having an emotional as well as a physical connection. If he's just having sex with you to get himself off really quick and not trying to make you feel good then he probably isn't the right man for you.
    GenieBean

Answer by GenieBean at 2:19 PM on Sep. 9, 2010

• To me, it's very important.
    I would try to just maybe take charge?
    Chell.o_0

Answer by Chell.o_0 at 2:16 PM on Sep. 9, 2010

• In my top 5.
    gulfcoastmom4

Answer by gulfcoastmom4 at 2:57 PM on Sep. 9, 2010