how to know if what im doing is right

i whant to join the army i have two kides is this a good disision

sindysu

Asked by sindysu at 2:15 PM on Sep. 9, 2010 in General Parenting

• Only you knows what best for you and your family.
    raemommy

Answer by raemommy at 2:16 PM on Sep. 9, 2010

• IMO,no. Who will care for your kids if,knock on wood,you're killed? Dad's are often ill prepared to deal with having to care for kids alone.

Answer by butterflyblue19 at 2:17 PM on Sep. 9, 2010

• Its really up to you... here's some questions to ask yourself (I'm saying this because sometimes when i ask questions like this people think that I am giving them the 3rd degree.... I don't want to know the answers for me.... they are just things that you might want to consider)
    are you a single parent or married? single- do you have family members who can help support you in case of deployment? married- does your husband agree with your decision? Is he able/willing to quit his job to move when you get stationed somewhere else?
    Have you thought about doing National Guard or Reserves so that you aren't in the Army "full time" (of course, there is still the chance of deployment).

I personally decided to get out of the Army when I married my husband because he is active duty and we weren't going to be able to get stationed together. But I know tons of moms in the Army- single & married. Many are really great soldiers.
    elizabiza

Answer by elizabiza at 2:21 PM on Sep. 9, 2010

• I wouldn't.
    mompam

Answer by mompam at 2:22 PM on Sep. 9, 2010

• my husben is with me in this he would lieave hes job and be a full time dad
    sindysu

Comment by sindysu (original poster) at 2:31 PM on Sep. 9, 2010

• I would go with the Navy or Air Force. Is there a specific job you're looking for in the Army that the Air Force or Navy doesn't offer?
    Christina807

Answer by Christina807 at 4:55 PM on Sep. 9, 2010

• sweetie I support you, you would get full medical insurance to include scripts for free for all of you, very cheap dental, a nice home that you dont have to pay the utilities! You would have a support system, free education for you and your hubby, and a great school district fr your kids, plus 150,000 life insurance for all the kids, 250,000 for hubby, and 500,000 for you for free! Cant go wrong, but you have to be sure!
    JoLee12345

Answer by JoLee12345 at 8:18 PM on Sep. 9, 2010

• thanks jolee12345 my older sister thinks i cant do it but my mom and my love know i can and my older brother thanks for the support
    sindysu

Comment by sindysu (original poster) at 10:15 PM on Sep. 9, 2010