Car Seat Placement in a Minivan

I just bought a minivan and was wanting opinions on the placement of the carseats. In a week or two I'll have a 2 year old and a newborn. The van has bucket seats in the middle instead of a bench so both seats that would have the carseats in them are right next to the door. Now how would you place them? Would you put the toddler on the driver side and the newborn on the passenger side or vice versa?

AmberBrat

Asked by AmberBrat at 2:19 PM on Sep. 9, 2010 in General Parenting

• Personally, I would put the newborn on the passenger side so that you had some access to the child if you need it.
    MeandMyBabes

Answer by MeandMyBabes at 2:21 PM on Sep. 9, 2010

• I would put the newborn behind the passenger side. And the toddler on the drivers side.
    fallnangel93

Answer by fallnangel93 at 2:20 PM on Sep. 9, 2010

• put the newborn behind wherever you sit when not driving

Answer by butterflyblue19 at 2:21 PM on Sep. 9, 2010

• I don't think it matters. The seats are exactly the same. Whichever way will make it easier to get them out.
    mompam

Answer by mompam at 2:21 PM on Sep. 9, 2010

• I would probably put the toddler behind the driver and the baby behind the passenger
    AmiJanell

Answer by AmiJanell at 2:25 PM on Sep. 9, 2010

• Call you local police department, they will tell you which is best for the type of vehicle you have ;)
    BobbieJo286

Answer by BobbieJo286 at 2:26 PM on Sep. 9, 2010

• my 7 yo is in the bac, along with my 4 yo, and 3 yo car seats! Then n the front row is my 1 yo carseat, and the newborn seat! Oldest to youngest back to front!
    JoLee12345

Answer by JoLee12345 at 8:15 PM on Sep. 9, 2010