What would you do if your 15 year old son came home and told you his gf was pregnant? What if your 15 year old daughter came home and told you she was pregnant?

I am just wondering because my friend's son just came home and told her that his gf is pregnant.

Asked by Anonymous at 1:05 AM on Jul. 1, 2008 in Pregnancy

• I would do my best not to show any anger. He is already suffering and it was difficult to even tell his parents in the first place. The pregnancy is already there, all a parent really can do is be supportive of the decision to keep the baby or not.

My parents had to deal with three of their six daughters getting pregnant at young ages. My parents were very supportive and one of the babies were given up for adoption, the other two are doing really well and so are their parents.

If the parents are not supportive I would expect there to be resentment once the baby is born.

Answer by girlneffy at 1:12 AM on Jul. 1, 2008

• i would be supporitive upset but it happens and i would talk about charter school and or the CHSPE and just talk about getting a part time job and thats it dealing with it and

Answer by Patience1 at 1:10 AM on Jul. 1, 2008

• yeah its hard enough to walk up to your parents and tell them somthing like that. THEY know its life changing they are obviously going to them because they need a bit of support. its understandable. i would tell my daughter that its okay and that ill help her out a bit. and encourage her to stay in school get a job etc...

Answer by KelsoBabeyy at 1:34 AM on Jul. 1, 2008

• kill him/her...

Really, i dont know what i would do. I am a firm believer that if they made the mistake they should live with the consequenses and they can take care of their child out in the "real world". I would try to help them out with occasional daycare, maybe stuff for the baby.. but mainly they would be on their own. Ive seen parents get very used for the mistakes of their kids and i dont think its right. There is helping your child and there is enabling.

However you cant really say that to a 15 yr old, can you? So i guess i would discuss with them what they wanted to do (keep the baby or prolife.. abortion wouldnt be an option..its not the babys fault) If they wanted to keep it then we would have to work something out to fit the situation.. secondary school and a part time job...

Answer by Cmyfantasyworld at 1:41 AM on Jul. 1, 2008

• i would try and be as supportive as possible and this is coming from a young mom to be. because you have to think about how freaked out they must be.

Answer by redivy at 2:59 AM on Jul. 1, 2008

• Well, I obviously would not be *happy* about the situation, but I would definitely empathize with the situation being a former teen mom myself. I would ask my son/daughter what they planned on doing and help them make an educated decision (I am pro-life so I would discourage abortion). In the end, I'd be there, for whatever they needed, especially emotionally.

Answer by NoNonsenseMama at 3:08 AM on Jul. 1, 2008

• I was a mother at the age of 19. It's one of the hardest things to do, telling your parents something like that. So I would be supportive and let them know they can't back out on something like this. Also help them out with they're options. Like, helping them get into some sort of class to see if they're ready for parenthood, or is adoption a better rout for the baby. In my case my ex wasn't ready for a baby, and he "baled" on me, but still is involved with her.

Answer by jvann1 at 3:30 AM on Jul. 1, 2008

• i'd call my mom and cry!!!

i'd also sit down with my son and ask him what he thinks and ask him how he feels. then go from there.

Answer by dannersmell at 4:41 AM on Jul. 1, 2008