last Q for me today. *nose bleeding

my nose strated bleeding on monday
and now it happened again yesterday.
im thinking its going to happen again today..
is this normal during pregnancy?? 2 days in a row and maybe another day as well

misty91

Asked by misty91 at 7:57 AM on Oct. 15, 2008 in Pregnancy

• I had them and still do! Dr told me it is due to dryness in my nose and to put vasoline in it (rub it on the inside to keep it moist and use a humidifyer to add moisture to the air Mine has slowed and occasionaly when I take allergy pills it comes back again
    cowgirls10181

Answer by cowgirls10181 at 7:59 AM on Oct. 15, 2008

• Yup; I get nose bleeds with every pregnancy, it's normal and you are okay :) You can try to do as the above poster said, but I honestly just deal with them, as they aren't frequent and they don't pour out of my face... if it gets to that point, you need to talk to your OB as that can be an issue, GL!
    leoangel

Answer by leoangel at 8:11 AM on Oct. 15, 2008

• It is pretty normal at the beginning of pregnancy. It probably won't last very long.
    NannyB.

Answer by NannyB. at 8:51 AM on Oct. 15, 2008

• Your nose is probably dry. Try using vasoline. Put it on a q-tip and spread it around. My nose used to get so dry and I would get hard boogers and they would cut my nose. Sorry if this grosses you out but to fix that I'd pick my nose and then add vasoline.
    You know there are 2 kinds of people in the world those who admit they pick their noses and those who deny it! lol
    AmandaH321

Answer by AmandaH321 at 1:01 PM on Oct. 15, 2008

• Well in addition to dryness let's not overlook the obvious. You are carrying a baby and with that extra fluids, hormones, and blood. That makes your already tiny blood vessels in the nose extra sensitive and easier to break. So yeah this kind of thing happens. So you can try the dryness remedies, but if they don't work, you may just have to suck it up and wait it out. Mine would bleed everytime I sneezed. It sucked.
    2autisticsmom

Answer by 2autisticsmom at 4:51 PM on Oct. 15, 2008