Anyone going the old-fashioned way?

Is there anyone else out there doing it the old fashioned way and not finding out the sex before birth? I did this with my last pregnancy and would like to do it this one as well. Just wanted to see if anyone was on this train too, and if you had a story behind it????

leoangel

Asked by leoangel at 8:13 AM on Oct. 15, 2008 in Pregnancy

• That's me! With our daughter we did not know. And now, less than 2 weeks from baby # 2, still don't know the gender of this one either.

I choose this because I believe that there are so few real surprises in life anymore. Let alone good surprises! It was wonderful when Kaitlyn was born to have it said "It's a girl!" and not already have known that. It also gave me something to look forward to after getting out of the hospital. I knew I'd get to go buy gender specific clothes and that was a real pick me up in the first couple weeks.
    halewis1213

Answer by halewis1213 at 8:23 AM on Oct. 15, 2008

• I did that with my first, but I didn't feel completely prepared when he got here... This round I am going to know =o)
    jeepwranglrbabe

Answer by jeepwranglrbabe at 8:23 AM on Oct. 15, 2008

• I'm really trying to figure out if I should find out or not.... I'm so impatient, and have that "need to know" feeling but I'd LOVE not to know!
    AshJoe05

Answer by AshJoe05 at 8:34 AM on Oct. 15, 2008

• I have five kids and we have found out for all but one (the last one). My husband found out but I didn't know until she was born. My husband says he likes to know so that we can plan. He also feels like what difference does it make if you find out while you still pregnant or when the baby is born, it is still a surprise when you find out one way is just a litter sooner than the other.

slick05

Answer by slick05 at 8:35 AM on Oct. 15, 2008

• I never found out with any of my children. I knew that it did not matter to me if they were a boy or a girl. I knew that my DH and I would love them and be happy with either. It was so wonderful to be totally surprised and happy the day the baby is born.

I tried to find out with my baby because I had 2 boys and wanted to know if I was having a boy or a girl. Well the baby was situated in such a way that they said if they told me they would only be able to give me a 80% on the sex.

I said well then forget we will just deal with it when they baby is born. I ended up having a girl and got to do all kinds of shopping after she was born.

Good Luck
    cornflakegirl3

Answer by cornflakegirl3 at 8:38 AM on Oct. 15, 2008

• I needed to know! I would have gone crazy! And with my second I wanted to know so I could get rid of my clothes if I was having another girl! I am so glad I let hubby into finding out with the first. (I was very easy to convince!)
    mom-x-2

Answer by mom-x-2 at 8:59 AM on Oct. 15, 2008

• I've done it both ways. I prefer the not knowing. It's one of the last big surprises in life.
    PamJM

Answer by PamJM at 9:05 AM on Oct. 15, 2008

• I did it with my first and I LOVED it!! My second I found out and it wasn't as much fun. If I were to have any more, I would definitely wait for the surprise again! It was such a great moment to call everyone and announce, "It's a girl!" when she was born. Telling them "It's a boy!" when I was still pregnant just wasn't the same.
    tel4him

Answer by tel4him at 9:10 AM on Oct. 15, 2008

• I found out. Someone posted that it's a surprise either way, just a little sooner if you find out, and I agree. The day we went in for the ultrasound was like christmas!! And getting to tell everyone that night was so much fun. I had enough to do on the day she was born :)
    mkemom519

Answer by mkemom519 at 9:22 AM on Oct. 15, 2008

• I did it with my first, but had amnio the second time, so they knew the sex and I couldn't stand to wait.
    PamR

Answer by PamR at 9:24 AM on Oct. 15, 2008