How soon will a blood test tell?

Hi there. I have been TTC for about 3 months now. I have had a few symptoms of being pregnant this month, but nothing concrete. I have been light headed a couple days, misjudging things (like steps, I almost fell down the stairs twice in one day), peeing a lot. If I'm not pregnant, then the only thing I can think of is I started eating peanuts. Weird, I know. I'm not allergic to them, but I haven't had them in a long time so maybe I've grown to have an allergy? Anyway, I was thinking about going to the doctor to get tested for this allergy, but wanted to get a pregnacy test just in case. So my question is, if I just conceived this month (I'm not due for my period for a little while) will it show up on a blood test? How soon will a blood test show a positive after conceiving?

Thanks!

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 9:16 AM on Oct. 15, 2008 in Trying to Conceive

• It could show up within the first month of pregnancy. When I did the blood test for my son I wasen't even a month yet and they asked me to go back to the lab and have another one just to make sure my levels had increased.
    AmandaH321

Answer by AmandaH321 at 12:40 PM on Oct. 15, 2008