We've all heard the phrase "out of the mouth of babes" Share your most embarassing moment when your little one brought you out at just the wrong moment

meme4x

Asked by meme4x at 9:17 AM on Oct. 15, 2008 in Preschoolers (3-4)

• My son who was around 6 then, now 27, at Christmas time upon my new Mother-in-Law (2nd marriage) opening her Christmas gift that we had given her says"oh Mama is that the present you couldn't find anyone to give it to? I just wanted to dissappear!!! So lesson learned, be careful what you say around those little ears:) it sounds so much worse coming out second time around.
    meme4x

Answer by meme4x at 9:45 AM on Oct. 15, 2008

• Long story so I will try to sum up. DD of 4yrs went to preschool with a set of twins that had a mother that had terminal cancer..Easter came and we were amazed she was still with us...Christmas what a blessing. The school knew her time was short and was helping the little ones understand as best they could what would soon be happening. At the end of the school year I happened to be standing waiting for our little ones with this mother and a few others. The double doors opened and out ran my DH who came up to me and the ill mom and looked at her and said "are you dead yet?" I wanted to liquify and drain through the cracks in the floor boards...The mother was very understanding but what do you say at a moment like that?!
    salexander

Answer by salexander at 4:52 PM on Oct. 15, 2008

• I was standing in line at the bank and my son who was almost 2 started patting my chest saying boobies big boobies then shouted my big boobies. I was horrified.
    little.miss.mom

Answer by little.miss.mom at 5:12 PM on Oct. 15, 2008

• There is this young woman I really don't like hanging around me, my husband, my kids. She creates trouble, and in the past our family has spiralled into her teenage drama of nonsense. One day I was with her mother, and the mother was talking about her, and my kid pipes up, "My mom doesn't like Katie!" With this great big smile on his face. He's four, and he only said this because he seemed proud to know something. The mother bursted out laughing. She knows, through other people, that I don't like her daughter, and she thought it was funny that I was 'caught'. I shrugged. "You're right. I don't like her antics, that's for sure." I also asked the mother to continue on with what she was saying. The mother changed the subject.
    McGregor

Answer by McGregor at 12:15 AM on Oct. 16, 2008

• We were in the middle of Potty Training - She were giving my DD 1 M&M when she would pee and 2 M&M's when she pooped. We were in line at a gas station and there was guy in front of us with a big bag of M&M's. She looks at me and say "mommy, he has a lot of M&M, he just really have to poop. UGH!
    harpsmom

Answer by harpsmom at 1:16 PM on Oct. 17, 2008

• My son just turned three and I was signing the papers for a car I had financed a few months ago and my son busted out with "I love your boobies". The salesman just busted out laughing.
    huntersmommy05

Answer by huntersmommy05 at 11:41 PM on Oct. 18, 2008