Need HELP weaning my 16 month old - Please read!

I was doing ok cutting back the feeding sessions and then my son got sick for the 1st time & needed to be comforted & eat more with my milk. Now that he is better he wants me to whip it out all the time & trying to snub the bottle! Its getting very stressful. I am trying to just nurse him at night time & bottles during the day. Last night he was freaking out crying & crying cuz I wouldn't give up the boob & was trying to give him his bottle. I had to walk around with him finally he fell asleep. He is very aggressive with trying to get at me! I say "try to rape my boobie" HAHA...I need some advice on how to make this transition easier for him & myself. I feel now I may of breast fed too long even though I wanted too & its the best thing for him but its now time to STOP. Anyone going through this too? any advice would be appreciated & thanks!

sarasmommy777

Asked by sarasmommy777 at 2:37 PM on Sep. 9, 2010 in Toddlers (1-2)

• dont take it as bashing bu tfirst im going to say at 16 motnhs its a bad idea to replace boob with bottle. you should give him cup because its going to be another all out war when its time to take away the bottle. it will be easier on you if you give him a sippy. go at this gradually. take away a feeding per week untill the nighttime one is all thats left. it will make it less truamatic for him.
    cassie_m

Answer by cassie_m at 2:44 PM on Sep. 9, 2010

• He shouldn't have a bottle. Have him use a cup. Stand firm on the BF. I've heard ladies on here say to tell them the boobie is broke,can't use it anymore!

Answer by butterflyblue19 at 2:39 PM on Sep. 9, 2010

• Offer him a cup, no bottles.
    and I agree with the answer above!
    Roadfamily6now

Answer by Roadfamily6now at 3:10 PM on Sep. 9, 2010