Razor burn, pimple like bumps from shaving issue - Pls Read

Hi do you get this from shaving? and sometimes not right away...or when you shave closer to the lip area? its very annoying but waxing is so friggin' painful & pricey. What do you use to calm this down or help this problem? thanks...

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 2:40 PM on Sep. 9, 2010 in Just for Fun

• I have shaved for years (until I started waxing). Put deodrant on the area. Make sure it's not fragranced and use a stick, not the roll on or clear. Use a good cream for shaving that area. I use Coochy. Only use the razor a couple of times before you replace it.
    Jademom07

Answer by Jademom07 at 2:43 PM on Sep. 9, 2010

• go with the grain when you shave instead of against it
    elizabiza

Answer by elizabiza at 2:41 PM on Sep. 9, 2010

• put deodorant on it ( the solid kind) on afterwards.... sounds weird but it will stop razor burn/ ingrown hairs ( I only do this n my bikini line) and shave with the grain
    June_Mama09

Answer by June_Mama09 at 2:45 PM on Sep. 9, 2010

• Tend Skin is a great after-shave elixir for that area. I would give that a try.
    SabrinaBean

Answer by SabrinaBean at 2:47 PM on Sep. 9, 2010

• lol JadeMom09.... we think alike
    June_Mama09

Answer by June_Mama09 at 2:47 PM on Sep. 9, 2010

• Personally, I use two different electric razors. One of which cuts close (getting the longer hair) and the second one cuts much closer. Howerver, I have to be careful because the one the cuts closer, gets hot after awhile ... so I am careful with it. Shaving get closer though. If I shave with a throw away razor... right after I shave, I use lotion right after I am done shaving. Just a little bit, a thin layer all over the shaven area.
    MomlovesRed

Answer by MomlovesRed at 2:51 PM on Sep. 9, 2010

• Hydrocortisone Cream works well for razor burn.
    xxMasonsMommaxx

Answer by xxMasonsMommaxx at 3:16 PM on Sep. 9, 2010