im curious of how everyones making their meatballs....

im wondering how do you guys make meatballs... i dont have many things to add, but would like to know what else do you add to them... im going to store later this afternoon...
thanks

tiggerneeyore

Asked by tiggerneeyore at 9:28 AM on Oct. 15, 2008 in Food & Drink

• yummy! i make good meatballs! i use 1lb of ground chunk. i put in a little more than half a bottle of bbq sauce. one egg. and enough italian bread crumbs to make sure it isn't mushy. they come out completely yummy!!! everyone who has tried them agree they are good!
    Fanta-Mommy

Answer by Fanta-Mommy at 9:33 AM on Oct. 15, 2008

• You can pretty much put anything in them. I keep them simple. Italian Bread crumbs, egg, garlic, oregano, salt pepper, garlic salt. Don't brown them in a skillet though. Put them on a pan in the oven and bake them. Pan browning them tends to make them crumble and you lose shape. If you just bake them they turn out great !
    Nika75

Answer by Nika75 at 12:07 PM on Oct. 15, 2008

• 1-1/2 lbs ground beef, 1 cup bread crumbs, 1 cup parm, 3-4 eggs, garlic powder, pepper, italian seasoning. Mmmmm just like my mom's!!
    njmommy2boys

Answer by njmommy2boys at 1:48 PM on Oct. 15, 2008

• I like to use ground pork mixed with the ground beef. I use roughly 3/4 lb of each, and I try to get pork that has a little fat still in it for extra flavor. Then I add 1 sleeve saltine cracker, crushed, about a cup or so of grated parmesan cheese (the kind without fillers), about 1/3 cup spaghetti sauce (has all the seasonings and adds moisture) and 4-6 eggs depending on their size. (I get eggs most weeks at the farmer's market, so some are really big!)

The big trick to good meatballs is not to overwork the meat mixture...it makes them tough and crumbly. Use your hands to mix it all together (and add everything at once so you handle it less) just until it's evenly mixed. Then shape, either with a cookie scoop, melon baller or your hands and put on a baking sheet. 375*f until just cooked about cooked through, then finish in the sauce.
    jespeach

Answer by jespeach at 2:58 PM on Oct. 15, 2008

• 1lb ground beef 1 egg 1/4-1/2 pkg of onion soup mix a big tsp minced garlic about 1/2 cup parm dash or two of worchester sauce and italian bread crumbs to firm up brown in a pan and finish in the sauce. Yumm

Frogger33

Answer by Frogger33 at 3:27 PM on Oct. 15, 2008

• I forgot to add parsley to my recipe. It's my favorite part too. LOL
    njmommy2boys

Answer by njmommy2boys at 7:00 PM on Oct. 15, 2008