BFING MOMS PLZ DONT GET OFFENDED ! adult content

hello ,

i bf my ds who is 12 months old = ) na i have gotten this question from my sister and best friend !

they are not against bf and because they do not have children of their own they wanted to know

if i ever tasted my own breast milk ! they said that the milk kinda disgustes them ! i now them n they dont mean it in a bad way nor tell me that i shouldnt brest feed my son , is nothing like that !

and my dh was always supportive of me bfing our son and loves it when i nurse him because he knows is the best for our son

has anyone tell u that bm disgusts them

happymom1988

Asked by happymom1988 at 2:46 PM on Sep. 9, 2010 in General Parenting

• MY DH ALSO WOULDNTY WANNA TASTE IT LOL , I NEVER ASK HIM N NEVER WOULD !
    THEY ALL KNOW AND SAY THAT THEY ARE AWARE OF THE ADVANTAGES OF THE BM AND THAT THEY ARE CURIOUS TO KNOW BECAUSE THEY SEE THAT BABIES LOVE TO BE BF ! = )
    happymom1988

Comment by happymom1988 (original poster) at 2:48 PM on Sep. 9, 2010

• I can barely understand what you're typing largely due to bad grammar and all of the abbreviations. So just reading the last sentence: Yes, people have told me that. And no, I've never "sampled" my own milk. Bleh.
    Glamourina

Answer by Glamourina at 2:48 PM on Sep. 9, 2010

• Well, the thought of drinking breast milk kind of grosses me out, personally. And I was a breast feeding mom so I have no bias against it, that's for sure. But if I was out of milk for myself I certainly wouldn't drink a glass of breask milk or anything. I wouldn't want to drink formula either, for that matter. So I get where they are coming from. And the thought of drinking someone else's breast milk is pretty gross.
    MaryMW

Answer by MaryMW at 2:50 PM on Sep. 9, 2010

• um...I dont see it as a bad thing that you would want to taste what your own baby is being life sustained from coming out of your own body. But,,as for the relatives, tell them to back off and its non of their business. You dont have to explain a thing to anybody. As for dh wanting or not wanting to taste bm, um,,,thats between you and him
    beyondhopes

Answer by beyondhopes at 2:52 PM on Sep. 9, 2010

• lol. um its tastes a whole hell of a lot better than formula. next time they tell you how bad it tases you should make them a little cup of formula. believe me i did try both (dont laugh) and breast milk is very sweet and tastes ok. formula is just plain nasty!
    cassie_m

Answer by cassie_m at 2:52 PM on Sep. 9, 2010

• so was the question "have you ever tasted your own breastmilk?"
    My first hasn't been born yet so, no... But it is really funny to me that people get grossed out by breastfeeding buy have no problem drinking cow's milk... Hello, its breast milk for baby cows!!!
    elizabiza

Answer by elizabiza at 2:53 PM on Sep. 9, 2010

• Before my sister had her first child, she was debating on wether she should breast feed or not. She was going to do it until she read in a breastfeeding book to "rub your nipple gently on the babies lips to help them to latch on". She said the thought of that disgusted her so much thta she just couldnt do it. So, she didnt even attempt breastfeeding either of her children.
    But to each thier own on the matter.
    kimberlyinberea

Answer by kimberlyinberea at 2:56 PM on Sep. 9, 2010

• @ Elizabiza

Agreed, and that's why 1. I don't drink milk and 2. I don't give it to my DD either! Cows milk is fun-kay. Haha.
    Glamourina

Answer by Glamourina at 2:56 PM on Sep. 9, 2010

• hahaha @glamourina :D
    elizabiza

Answer by elizabiza at 3:02 PM on Sep. 9, 2010

• I have not but my DH has. Said it was okay.
    Breast milk changes flavor with the food you eat. So your baby enjoys many tastes before they even get to table / baby foods.

:) Good for you momma!
    Roadfamily6now

Answer by Roadfamily6now at 3:03 PM on Sep. 9, 2010