Weird discharge...TMI fair warning...

I am 12 weeks pregnant and after a round of antibiotics for Group B strep, I got what feels like a yeast infection. I did an OTC treatment and a couple of days later I noticed that mostly when I go #2, a HUGE amount of sour-smelling whiteish-yellowish discharge just kinda hangin out on my whoo-whoo. It doesn't happen all the time either (like not when #1 or just sitting around). Well the next day I #2 again and the discharge had a pinkish tint to it. I go to the doc on Friday, but should I call before that? Also, I still have all the symptoms of a yeast infection.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 9:40 AM on Oct. 15, 2008 in Pregnancy

• I had similar with my last pregnancy, Yeast infection, never got them with my first two but it was around the 2 or 3 rd month, and from than on I got them constantly in that pregnancy, I think yeast infections while your pregnant are worse, maybe from all your normal discharge from being pregnant on top of yeast infection discharge!
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 9:45 AM on Oct. 15, 2008

• I' m14 weeks and was just diagnosed with a yeast infection also. YOu're more susceptible to vaginal infections during pregnancy. What happens is when you're on antibiotics, they destroy both good and bad bacteria in the vagina. When there isn't any bacteria in the vagina, yeast runs rampant. So there's a good chance that you'll have to use another dose, possibly 3 doses of yeast medication before it completely goes away.
    blainesmommy03

Answer by blainesmommy03 at 10:41 AM on Oct. 15, 2008

• It's more than likely just the yeast infection, but if it makes you more comfortable, just check with your caregiver. It will at least give you peace of mind. If you are only twelve weeks, you are in for all kinds of yucky stuff coming out your "whoo-whoo". lol! Just wait till that last trimester honey!
    SashaJ

Answer by SashaJ at 10:58 AM on Oct. 15, 2008

• For yeast infection the best thing to do is to wash (like a spritz bath) with a water/vinegar mix. Its a 1 to 1 ratio. It helps restore the natural balance.
    reflect1light

Answer by reflect1light at 11:15 AM on Oct. 15, 2008